The Expanded Plasma Cleaner PDC-001/PDC-002 (115V/230V) is a bigger tabletop plasma device with four times the capability of the Basic Plasma Cleaner. This system is widely used for surface activation and nanoscale surface cleaning. It consists of a viewing window and hinged door, enhanced meter valve to manage gas flow, and active fan cooling. It also has three RF power settings, with a highest applied power of 30 W.
This system is user-friendly and can be set up easily. The tabletop unit can be provided with a number of accessories like Pyrex or quartz sample tray, PlasmaFlo gas flow mixer, quartz chamber, adaptable vacuum pumps and other optional accessories.
The system needs a gas-compatible vacuum pump with lower pump speed of 1.4 m3/h (23 L/min) and maximum total pressure of 200 mTorr (0.27 mbar) or less.
The main features of the Expanded Plasma Cleaner are as follows:
- 3 RF power settings of low, medium, and high (maximum 30W)
- Three-way valve to rapidly change from introducing gas, venting, and isolating the chamber
- Dimensions: 11" H x 18" W x 9" D (280 mm H x 457 mm W x 229 mm D)
- 6" diameter x 6.5" length chamber (150 mm diameter x 170 mm length)
- Metering valve to qualitatively manage chamber pressure and gas flow
- Weighs 37 lb (17 kg)