The Thermo Scientific Talos L120C TEM is a 20 - 120 kV thermionic (scanning) transmission electron microscope specifically modeled for productivity and performance across a variety of applications and samples, such as 3D and 2D imaging of polymers, asbestos, cell organelles, cells, and soft materials, both at cryogenic and ambient temperatures.
The design of the Thermo Scientific Talos L120C TEM allows users with varied skill levels to obtain superior quality results with only limited effort. Applied researchers can focus on scientific questions rather than how the microscope works, because of the instruments sophisticated, rapid automation and enhanced imaging workflows.
The Thermo Scientific Talos L120C TEM motorized, optional, retractable cryo box and low-dose technique takes the imaging quality of beam-sensitive materials to the next level.
The low-hysteresis design and the constant-power objective lenses help to improve productivity, especially in multi-material, multi-user environments by allowing high-tension switches and straightforward reproducible mode.
The large C-Twin pole piece gap provides the highest flexibility in applications. When integrated with a reproducibly performing electron column, this gap creates room for new opportunities in high-resolution 3D characterization, diffraction applications, and in situ dynamic observations with particular emphasis on cryo-TEM and high-contrast imaging.
Users are able to rapidly change optical conditions without manual adjustments, as most of the alignment functions and setup are automated.
A SmartCam screening camera and completely redesigned ergonomics allow remote operation when required and guarantee operator comfort. Educational online help is also featured by the Thermo Scientific Talos L120C TEM. Appropriate information is rapidly opened by pressing F1 with the mouse hovering over a control panel.
Under cryo or ambient temperatures, repeatable, fast results are generated by ultra-stable optics and streamlined workflows for enhanced 3D and 2D imaging applications, such as electron tomography.
MAPS™ software automatically obtains and stitches several images into a large-field composite image, enabling an easy and fast correlation with images obtained from other instruments.
These elements make the Thermo Scientific Talos L120C TEM the perfect instrument for the characterization and imaging of soft, low-contrasted, or inorganic materials.
Graphitized carbon and FFT.
Key Features and Benefits
The main features and benefits of the Thermo Scientific Talos L120C TEM for materials science include:
- 4 K × 4 K Ceta CMOS camera. Large field-of-view allows live digital zooming together with high speed and high sensitivity over the whole high-tension range
- Enhanced reproducibility and productivity. Ultra-stable column and remote operation with SmartCam and stable power objective lenses for rapid mode and HT switches. Easy, rapid switching for multi-user environments.
- Increased space. Add in situ sample holders or tomography. Large analytical pole piece gap, large Z range, and 180° stage tilt range.
- Auto-alignments. All daily TEM tunings, such as center condenser aperture, center beam shift, focus, rotation center and eucentric height are automated.
- Chemical composition data. Flexible EDS analysis highlights chemical information
- Superior images. High-quality, high-contrast STEM and TEM imaging with multiple, simultaneous signal detection up to four-channel integration STEM detectors