The 6775 Freezer/Mill® is a small cryogenic mill that is capable of processing samples ranging from 0.1 to 5 grams. It is exclusively designed for cryogenic grinding and pulverizing of temperature sensitive and/or tough samples in a grinding vial submerged in liquid nitrogen.
Typical samples include: animal tissue, yeast, pharmaceuticals, plastic and polymers, food products, textiles, hair, electronic components, bones, teeth, plant tissue such as cannabis, leaves, seeds, and roots.
The new high resolution display is user-friendly, and offers many features such as run history which is uploadable to a thumb drive via USB, training manuals and videos that can be viewed on the screen, and a comprehensive listing of accessories.
The main features of the 6775 Freezer/Mill® are as follows:
- Grinding vial sets are provided in a variety of materials including stainless steel, polycarbonate, and Cr-free steel
- Insulated liquid nitrogen tub is fitted with LN level sensor
- Lid safety interlock provides operator protection
- Grinding chamber contains one microvial set or one small grinding vial
- Touch screen stores up to 20 user-specified grinding programs for rapid and easy recall.
The main applications of the 6775 Freezer/Mill® are given below:
- DNA/RNA extraction
- Protein extraction
- THC extraction
- Materials testing
- Forensic testing
- Volatiles extraction
- Drug testing
- Pharmaceutical analysis