The 8000M Mixer Mill is a high-energy ball mill that can handle sample sizes ranging from 0.2 to 10 g, and mixing up to 60 mL of sample. It is a suitable mill for grinding dry, brittle samples. The 8000M is also called a shaker mill or the "SPEX Mill"
Grinding and mixing vials are available in a variety of materials such as stainless steel, hardened steel, alumina ceramic, methacrylate, tungsten carbide, zirconia ceramic, agate, polystyrene, silicon nitride, and polycarbonate. These vials are CE approved.
Typical samples include minerals, rocks, sand, slag, ceramics, cement, glass, pharmaceuticals, catalyst supports, plant and animal tissues, ink, seeds, cannabis, and paints.
The main features of the 8000M Mixer Mill are as follows:
- Efficient single-clamp laboratory mill
- Safety interlock system offers operator protection
- Decreases samples to analytical fineness and can be used for nano-milling and mechanical alloying
- Bench top operation is possible due to shock mounted motor
- Extended running time chip is provided to extend timer range to 1,000 or 10,000 minutes
- Sturdy construction ensures an extended life of heavy work
- Variable-range electronic timer is pre-set for 100 minute range
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism
- The 8010 and 8011 multi-vial adapters allow processing of several smaller samples
- Accepts all SPEX SamplePrep mixer/mill grinding and mixing vial sets
The main applications of the 8000M Mixer Mill are given below:
- Mechanical alloying
- Mixing emulsions
- Slurry grinding
- Blending powders