The Aurora 1030W TOC Analyzer is designed to process aqueous samples for analysis of the total organic carbon (TOC), non-purgeable organic carbon (NPOC), and total inorganic carbon (TIC) content of the samples.
Using the well-established heated persulfate oxidation technology, samples composed of 2 ppb to 30,000 ppm of organic carbon can be analyzed. Organic contamination levels in aqueous samples can be analyzed easily.
The Aurora 1030W supports USEPA-approved methods, ASTM, standard methods, USP, DIN/ISO/CEN, and EU methods. Based on what protocol is used, up to 300 samples per 24-hour period can be tested (over 100,000 samples annually).
The Aurora 1030W’s reaction chamber is methodically rinsed between each analysis to prevent residue from the preceding sample, ensuring that the Aurora 1030W maintains the low system background required for high sensitivity TOC measurements.
In contrast, residual salts tend to build up on catalyst surfaces in combustion TOC analyzers, causing higher blanks and background contamination as well as degrading oxidation efficiency.
The Aurora 1030W can be fitted with many instrument options and automation accessories to enhance productivity and sample throughput such as:
- An optional second oxidation chamber aids simultaneous sample processing
- An optional validation package offers full IQ/OQ/ PQ documentation to authorize the Aurora 1030W for use in pharmaceutical GLP/GMP applications
- An 88-position rotary autosampler fits directly below the 1030W to save bench space
- The 1030S Solids Module functions together with a 1030W analyzer to combust solid materials for testing of TC or TOC
- Multi-stream sampling module for at-line monitoring of up to four process streams
- ATOC software offers 21 CFR Part 11 compliant data handling, auditing, security, and reporting capability
- Accessory kits to configure and interface the 1030W to an isotope ratio mass spectrometer (IRMS) or cavity ring down spectrometer to measure TOC and the δ13C stable isotope ratio
The main features of the Aurora 1030W TOC Analyzer are listed below:
- Broad operational range
- Parallel reaction chamber option provided for high-throughput simultaneous sample processing
- Upgradable allowing performance of combustion and wet heated persulfate TOC analysis methods using a single instrument
- At-line and laboratory configurations provided for process monitoring
The main applications of the Aurora 1030W TOC Analyzer are given below:
- Drinking water
- Process water
- Municipal wastewater
- Ultrapure water
- Metal plating solutions
- Ground water/surface water
- Boiler feed water and condensate
- Pharmaceutical cleaning validation