Precision flow measurement and control at ultra-high gas pressure is one of the most challenging applications in the flow industry. Unpredictable valve control, gas behavioral changes and leaks can affect the performance.
High-impact valve seat material is used by Sierra's proprietary ValFlex™ control valve design. This material guarantees smooth interaction with the valve orifice in ultra-high pressure applications. Excellent speed and reliability at high pressures are assured by a flexible and strong control valve with accessible PID valve tuning. Full-range stability is obtained through custom valve orifice sizing.
The SmartTrak® 100HP has been designed to overcome the challenges of high pressure mass flow control. It has a state-of-the-art high-pressure calibration facility, and integrates high performance with a more robust, wider flow body. The SmartTrak® 100HP comprises of an innovative new ValFlex™ valve design and an all-welded sensor seal.
For systems integrators/OEMs and lab researchers, the SmartTrak® 100HP thermal mass flow controller is considered to be an ideal digital MFC designed to provide accurate, stable, smooth, and repeatable gas mass flow control. Gas mass flow control is unequivocal and direct, and is also unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations.
The key benefits of the SmartTrak® 100HP are as follows:
- Variety of digital communication protocol options: Foundation Fieldbus, ProfibusDP, Modbus
- Improved networking capability, comprising display, inputs, totalization, and two digital relays
- Upgrade to Compod™ to operate small-scale pilot plants without expense of PLC system or DCS
- Multifunctional, user-friendly pilot module display interface is remote mounted, hand-held or front-mounted
- Lowest differential pressure requirement at 5 psid (0.345 bard)
- ValFlex™ valve seat technology that is carbon-reinforced and high-impact
- Special high-pressure rated seals reduce gas permeability
- Suitable for autoclave processes, hydrogenation reactors and pilot plants
- Supplied source code for RS-232 communication
- Control functions also available from PC via RS-232
- Free user software
- Precision digital PID valve control; no adjustment or valve tuning
- Frictionless-hovering, proprietary, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Follows Primary Standard Calibration & NIST traceability
- Make modifications in the field with pushbutton display
- Effortless field adjustment with pilot module display interface that permits users to change:
- Engineering units
- Flow rate engineering units
- Set zero, span and full scale