The SmartTrak 140 from Sierra is a high-performance mass flow control and provides the lowest possible pressure drop.
It is capable of controlling up to 500 slpm along with an ultra-low ΔP of 4.5 psid (310 mBard - much better than typical ΔP values of 25 psid (1700 mBard)) for equivalent mass flow controllers available on the market. Application flexibility and accuracy are possible because of:
- Advanced platinum-wound capillary sensor technology
- A patented, innately linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering control valve
Sierra’s SmartTrak 140 thermal mass flow controller is designed for systems integrators/OEMs and lab researchers. It is a real multi-gas digital MFC devised to deliver steady, accurate, smooth, and repeatable gas mass flow control with extremely low pressure drop. The device is not affected by pressure fluctuations and upstream gas temperature, and is direct and unequivocal.
Quality calibration: SmartTrak’s NIST traceable accuracy is supported by the company’s ten points, key standard calibration over the entire flow range. The device has a robust and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to guarantee perfect speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing produces full-range stability. The company also offers customization of device for its customers free of cost.
The main benefits of the SmartTrak 140 are as follows:
- Valve has large flow coefficient (Cv) for precise control at low ΔP
- Field adjustment through multifunction pilot module display interface. Change the following:
- Set zero, span and full scale for each gas separately
- Flow rate
- Measured gas
- Engineering units
- Easy to use pilot module display interface is hand-held, front-mounted or remote mounted
- Provided with standard 10 pre-programmed gases; substitute up to nine more
- User software is provided free of cost
- Precision digital PID valve control; valve adjustment or tuning is not required
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Control functions also offered from PC through RS-232
- Improved networking capability, including totalization, two digital relays, display, and inputs
- Key standard calibration and NIST traceability
- Source code for RS-232 communication is offered
- Compod™ upgrade to run small-scale pilot plants with no expense of PLC or DCS system
- Broad range of digital communication protocol options including ProfibusDP, Modbus and Foundation Fieldbus
- Perfect for applications with a tight pressure budget
SmartTrak® Mass Flow Controllers: Master of All Flows!