The Model 5360 and Model 5360A Halogen Specific Detectors (XSD™) from OI Analytical were developed for the selective detection of halogen-containing compounds that elute from the capillary column of a gas chromatograph (GC) in the subpicogram to microgram range.
The XSD can be installed in the standard detector port of most makes and models of GC. It can either be installed as a stand-alone detector or in combination with the Model 4430 Photoionization Detector (PID).
The 5360A XSD heated base assembly enables easy column installation and optimal baseline stability. When it is used with the enhanced venting option, venting efficiency is almost 100%, even in the case of a chlorinated solvent injection.
Unlike other halogen selective detectors, the XSD does not include any radioactive sources and does not use organic solvents. Also, it does not require resin cartridges, solvents, pumps, catalyst tubes, or transfer lines, and eliminates wipe testing and complex record keeping.
The key features of the Halogen Specific Detectors (XSD™) are as follows:
- High halogen selectivity versus hydrocarbon simplifies analysis and reduces or eliminates the need for sample preparation
- Unique jet design reduces peak tailing due caused by unswept dead volumes
- High detector sensitivity allows very low-level selective analysis of halogen-containing (Cl, Br, F) compounds
- Designed to operate on most makes and models of GC
- Needs only air to operate
- Improved venting option diverts solvent before it enters the reactor
- No routine maintenance required
The specifications of the Halogen Specific Detectors (XSD™) are as follows:
||<1 pg Cl/second
||Cl:HC > 104
|Reactor Operating Temperature
||900 - 1100°C in 100°C increments
||20 - 30 mL/min air
|Communications Signal Output
||0 - 1 V or 1 - 10 V
||Air 20 - 30 mL/min (ultrahigh purity)
||90 - 260 (±10%) VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 200 W
||21.2 cm H x 12.8 cm W x 30.8 cm D
(8.25” H x 5.0” W x 12.0”D
||3 kg (5.5 lb)
||3.8 kg (8.4 lbs)
||0.36 kg (0.8 lbs)