The ARL EQUINOX 5000 X-ray Diffractometer performs phase identification and quantification and structural analysis of polycrystalline materials. The Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ EQUINOX 5000 X-ray Diffractometer is a multi-purpose XRD instrument designed specifically for high level research applications such as micro-diffraction, reflectometry, thin layer analysis, and powder analysis.
The ARL EQUINOX 5000 instrument has been designed to outperform standard X-ray diffraction instruments for safety, resolution and speed, and can be used for conventional studies or it can be customized for applications requiring a four circle goniometer.
- The ARL EQUINOX 5000 system utilizes a unique tall vertical goniometer in θ/θ or θ/2θ mode
- Features include a large choice of X-ray sources and higher resolution detectors
- Large sample compartment accommodates almost all samples and sample handling devices such as large assemblies, auto samplers, and furnaces
- Software applications include crystal structure analysis, qualitative analysis, degree of crystallinity determination, phase identification and quantification, uni-axiale stress, phase transition on various environments, thin film
- Available sample holders include a small thin layer attachment, an automatic 30 position sample changer, a capillary sample holder for transmission mode, and a spinning sample holder for reflection and transmission mode
- Application areas include photovoltaic, electronics, biomaterials, polymers, metallurgy, mining, geology, research