A portable optical profiler is the perfect solution for measuring the surface of an object that is too large for the measurement stage of a traditional workstation profiler.
The Nomad optical profiler from ZYGO is lightweight and small, and it can be placed directly on the surface that the customer wants to measure. Bringing the optical profiler to the surface prevents risks linked to moving/handling a large part and trying to fixture it for a workstation profiler that was not meant for the task.
Powerful Performance – Portable Package
With the Nomad profiler, users don’t have to sacrifice precision for portability. The profiler uses the similar Coherence Scanning Interferometry (CSI) measurement technology used in workstation profilers.
Advantages of the CSI technology include:
- Sub-nanometer measurement accuracy is independent of field magnification
- Non-contact metrology: No risk of part damage
- Mx™ software allows seamless data exchange with other ZYGO Profilers, including NewView 8000, ZeGage, and Nexview
- SureScan™ technology enables operation in virtually any environment, without the requirement for vibration isolation equipment
- Measures polished optics, and a broad range of surface types including structured, stepped, and ground – regardless of the material
The Nomad profiler offers improved efficiency for in-process measurements in some production environments. The surface of a part can be measured without removing it from the polishing or grinding machine to bring it to a QC lab for measurement, and then remount it on the machine. The users will get confidence that the polishing or machining is complete before removing the part from the production machine.
The docking station that is included allows the Nomad profiler to be used as a desk-top profiler, as well as providing a safe place for changing objectives or storing the unit while not in use. No mounting is necessary. The foot pads of the profiler fit into recesses in the posts of the docking station. Easy in and easy out. The docking station’s baseplate is a Metric Breadboard that enables easy integration of fixtures, simple stages, etc.
Adaptable to a Wide Variety of Applications
The Nomad portable optical profiler provides a new perspective on in-process and large sample metrology. The open design and small size make the Nomad profiler adapt with simple custom fixtures and mounting in order to accommodate more complex surface applications.
The main features of the Nomad portable optical profiler are as follows:
- Lightweight and portable, with workstation-level performance
- Prevents risks linked to moving/handling large parts
- Sits directly on measured surface with non-marring feet
- Prevents challenges of fixturing a bench-top device for oversized samples