The MAX300-CAT is a quantitative gas analyzer with high-sensitivity, used for environmental research, reaction monitoring, and catalysis.
This quadrupole mass spectrometer is powerful and fast, and performs high precision quantitative analysis of every component present in a gas or vapor mixture. This spectrometer can also be equipped for the fully-automated sampling of multiple gas channels.
The MAX300-CAT has the ability to track concentration changes from ppb levels to 100% and provide continuous data updates within seconds. The spectrometer is a flexible, compact platform optimized for gas reaction studies in environmental analysis, process development, bioreactor control, and catalysis.
MAX300-CAT Laboratory Gas Analyzer- The MAX300-CAT is fast, compact, and easy to use. It can measure any gas or vapor sample concentration from ppb levels to 100%.
Laboratory Gas Analyzer Features
- Complete quantitative sample composition
- Measures any gas or vapor sample
- Multiport sample selector for 61+ samples
- High sensitivity: detection limit 500 ppb
- Data acquisition: up to 1000 measurements/second
- 1-100, or 1-300 amu mass range
- Fast response: measures changes to sample concentration in <300 ms
- Real-time analysis of the input and effluent streams reveal what is happening in the reaction
MAX300-CAT Quadrupole Advantage
An ionizer is used by the mass spectrometer to break sample molecules into charged fragment ions that are separated based on their mass-to-charge ratio as they travel through the electric fields produced by the quadrupole mass filter.
The ions register a current at the detector creating a set of peaks known as a mass spectrum. Each compound has a unique spectrum.
Accurate Data, Endless Utility
Users can simply select the gases to measure, or the mass range to scan, in the software and the MAX300-CAT is configured to monitor a new process or reaction.
Gas and Vapor Analysis
Reaction Monitoring and Kinetics
Gas Phase Synthesis
Evolved Gas Analysis
|Fuel Cell Studies
Pure Gas Analysis
Food and Beverage Gas
- Detectable compounds: Any vapor or gas sample
- Detection range:
- Dual detector option: 100% - 0.5 ppm
- Faraday detector: 100% - 20 ppm
- Analysis rate: Up to 1000 measurements per second
- Gas consumption: 10 µL/min
- Ionization energy control for reduced fragmentation
- Heated inlet option available
- VacuumPlus control software
- Questor5 quantitative analysis package
- Computer interface: USB or RS-232C
- Filaments: Two, one active and one spare
- Over-pressure protection provided by built-in Pirani and BA gauges
- Mass range options: 1-200, 1-300 amu
- 6 mm quadrupole mass filter
- Power supply: 110/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Weight: 55 lbs. (25 kg)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 465 x 465 x 571 mm
Exceptional Worldwide Service and Support
Extrel has provided the highest quality support services have been provided for over 50 years for the thousands of instruments installed worldwide. Customers are provided with industry-leading support from certified and factory trained personnel at all stages of the analytical process.
Questor5 Quantitation Software Features
Continuous, real-time, total composition measurements of any vapor or gas sample
||STD (% absolute)
Completely automated, high stability, high precision quantitative analysis of multiple sample streams
- Number of analysis routines: Unlimited
- Number of components: Unlimited
- Automated or manual calibration
- Data recorded as % or ppm
- Automatic removal of spectral overlap
- Sample selector configurations:
- 16, 31, 46, 61+
- Security levels: viewer, user, administrator
- Security: 21 CFR Part 11
- Analysis can be activated by external devices
- External communications
- Digital I/O, Modbus serial, Ethernet, OPC, analog I/O
- Comprehensive spectral library included
- NIST MS database and spectrum matching software optional
- Number of user configurable data tags and alarms: Unlimited