The Nanotrac Wave II from Microtrac is an accurate particle size zeta potential analyzer that is designed for characterizing materials across a very wide concentration range.
This analyzer features an improvement to traditional DLS, and also uses Reference Beating, which allows amplification of the signal back to the photodector, resulting in unmatched accuracy for measuring molecular weight, particle size, zeta potential, and concentration of colloidal systems.
Users are provided with excellent particle analysis capability by the Nanotrac Wave II, which makes use of an innovative probe technology, advanced algorithms, and improved optical signal. Whether the material is a near finished product or ppm, the Wave II attains sensitive, precise, and rapid measurements of materials ranging from sub-nanometer to several microns.
The optical signal is boosted by Reference Beating anywhere from 100 to 1,000,000 times when compared to standard DLS. The optimized optical signal allows users to perform accurate measurements of multi-mode and single distributions across the broadest concentration range in the market.
Users can check out this short presentation to learn more about Microtrac’s proprietary technology.
Applications for the Nanotrac Wave II
The main applications of the Nanotrac Wave II are as follows:
- Academic research
Nanotrac Wave II Instrument Details
- Enhanced optical signal for superior accuracy, compliments of Reference Beating – available only from Microtrac
- Unique probe design, 180° backscatter collection, and fixed optics enable precise and rapid measurement across the broadest concentration range – from ppm to near solids (40%)
- Can measure Zeta Potential closer to iso-electric point by preventing errors arising from electro-osmotic flow. ZP measurement ranges from -200 to +200 mV
- Measures particles ranging from 0.3 to 10,000 nm
- Multiple flow cell options – ability to connect a titrator
- “A priori” or advance knowledge of the particle size distribution is not needed
- Peltier temperature control device
- Removable sample cell – available in Teflon or stainless steel
- 150 µl sample volume needed – ideal for high dollar materials
- User-selectable data presentation modes
- Mode – simultaneously measure concentration and size
- Distribution – standard volume particle size distribution
- Legacy – ensure consistency of data when transitioning from a “legacy” instrument
120 nm and 15 nm bi-mode? No problem for the Nanotrac Wave II.