The Del-Seal™ CF Flanges from MDC are offered in 316LN stainless steel. For a number of years, MDC has been manufacturing and supplying flanges in stainless steel grade 316LN, and has extensive experience in working with this material.
The company is happy to now be able to provide MDC Europe’s 316LN flanges by stocking them at its US headquarters in Hayward, California.
Stainless steel grade 316LN belongs to the austenitic type of steel series that is a low carbon, nitrogen-enhanced version of grade 316 steel. The 316LN grade stainless steel is produced through an electroslag remelting process (ESR), which almost eliminates all harmful brittle oxide stringers (B-types in ASTM E45 cleanness assessment), and any remaining oxides are small round D-types.
MDC’s 316LN Del-Seal™ CF Flanges are ideal for applications where very low magnetic permeability is needed. The austenitic grade 316LN, which MDC uses, has very low magnetic permeability and practically no ferrite, making it appropriate for the most challenging UHV applications.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- Rugged corrosion resistance in harsh environments
- Very low magnetic permeability, µ ≤ 1.005 (304 = 1.3, 316 L = 1.1)
- Complies with ISO 3669
- UHV rated to 1 x 10-13 Torr (mbar)
- Exceptional purity and homogeneity
- Low outgassing rates, < 1E-13 atm.cc/sec/cm2 of vacuum exposed surface
- Wide temperature range from LN2 temperatures to 450 °C
- OFE copper or optional viton® elastomer gaskets
- Metric tapped or clearance/through bolt holes
- Rotatable and non-rotatable geometries available