MDC Standard Spherical Chambers have been designed to suit a variety of analytical studies and experiments.
These versatile chambers, available in either 16" or 12" nominal diameter, are constructed from 304L stainless steel. Both versions comprise of a wide range of access ports of varied sizes in order to accommodate connection to different experimental devices, experimental devices, analytical instruments, vacuum measurement gauge tubes, electrical and motion feedthroughs and several other accessories.
All 2-3/4" Del-Seal™ flanged ports are attached to the chamber with extra-large 1-3/4" outside diameter tubing in order to provide maximum apertures and permit the installation of bigger devices. During construction, all access ports are precision aligned with a helium-neon laser during.
Sealing and fastening hardware, including bolt sets and copper gaskets, are available under the individual size flange in the Flanges and Fittings section of the MDC catalog or on the website.
Download the Brochure for More Information
- 12" or 16" nominal diameter x 1/8" wall
- 304 L stainless steel construction
- Bakeable to 400 °C
- Frame mounting brackets
- All ports target chamber center
- Electropolished surface finish for UHV service
- Flange ports are non-rotatable Del Seals with thru bolt holes
- Replace Del-Seal™ ports with ISO or add additional ports
- Support Frame with leveling feet, p/n 220002
- Frame options available:
- Working surface and lower shelf
- Swivel casters and leveling feet
- Instrumentation mounting rack