The EDDYCON C portable eddy current flaw detector-tester is a flagship of the eddy current instruments family. It is available with the finest features of earlier predecessors, being furnished with 4.3" display and functional buttons for instant access to any menu of the instrument, which would meet the needs of the most demanding user.
EDDYCON C Eddy Current Flaw Detector is intended for:
- Finding of cracks in holes and multi-layered structures by using rotary scanners
- Evaluation of paint coating thickness and non-magnetic material conductivity
- Recognition of sub-surface flaws in non-magnetic conductive materials
- Detection of surface cracks in various parts
Eddycon C Benefits:
- Lightweight – only 900 g
- Light and sound alarms
- Evaluation of flaw depth
- Strict compliance with EN-15548
- Easy-to-operate due to user-friendly intuitive interface
- Data communication to PC via USB flash drive or Ethernet
- Specialty software for viewing test results and printing out test reports
- Application-dependent software for real-time data displaying on a PC
- Software upgrade using USB flash drives
- Review of saved defectograms on the display of eddy current flaw detector
- Possibility to connect a temperature sensor and remote ‘Balance’ button (option)
- Quick-release Li-Ion battery for continuous 7 hour operation
- Saving of more than 1000 settings and test results to the flaw detector memory
- Tune-out from the influence of working gap and inhomogeneity of electromagnetic properties
Portability and Lightweight
It is possible for an operator to set up the eddy current equipment with just one hand since the instrument is small in size. The device is available with a side strap, which helps in providing a firm hold of the flaw detector either in left or right hand, while its narrow width helps to effortlessly reach any button on the keypad. Being a lightweight instrument, an operator is able perform eddy current testing for a prolonged time period without becoming tired.
4.3" TFT color display with 800×480 pixels guarantees a high-definition picture on the screen. The screen has a number of display modes, such as ‘dark’ and ‘light’.
Different Modes of Full-Screen Presentation
Elaborated keypad design provides a quick access to any menu of the flaw detector by just pressing a single.
- SETTINGS menu - basic settings of the flaw detector
- TESTING menu - main operating mode of the flaw detector
- MEMORY menu - is used to save/download the settings and test results
- VIEW menu - allows for the viewing of test results saved to the flaw detector’s memory
- CALIBRATION menu - serves to develop calibration curves for more precise evaluation of flaw depth
- Oil and Gas
Eddy current crack detection of pipelines, turbine blades of gas-distributing stations (GDS), pressure vessels, etc.
Examination of pipelines, industrial tanks, etc.
Eddy current inspection of aircraft engineering parts (wheel disks, turbine blades, multi-layered structures, skin, different holes, etc.)
- Heavy machinery
Eddy current inspection of wire, steel structures, plates, mill rollers, bars, etc.
Non-destructive testing of steam generator tubes and headers by eddy current bobbin probes, etc.
Eddy current crack detection of railway parts and car units (wheelsets and axle boxes bogies of freight, automatic coupler, refrigerator and passenger cars, etc.).
||Lemo 12-way (Reflection, Bridge);
Lemo 00 (single coil)
|Lemo 16-way (Reflection, Bridge);
Lemo 00 (single coil)
|Compatible with the following rotary scanners
|Evaluation of flaw depth
|Operation with linear encoder
|Dual-frequency & mix-modes
|Measurement of electrical conductivity and coating thickness