The EDDYCON D universal multi-channel eddy current flaw detector has been designed to solve an extensive range of tasks of eddy current flaw detection.
It is Applied in the Following Branches of Industry:
Testing of pipelines, pressure vessels, turbine blades of gas-distributing station (GDS), etc.
Testing of industrial tanks, pipelines, etc.
Testing of aeronautical engineering parts (covering, turbine blades, wheel disks, multilayered constructions, holes of different kinds etc.)
Testing of steam generator pipes by inner bobbin eddy current probes, collectors, etc.
- Rail Transport
Testing of rail components and car units (parts of wheel pair and axlebox unit, load trolley, automatic coupler, refrigerated carriages and coaches etc.)
- Machine Building
Testing of rods, forming rolls, sheet metals, metalwares, wire, etc
The flaw detector is an eddy current channel that uses the Ethernet port and is hence linked to stationary PCs, tablets or portable laptops. By using specially configured software, the detector develops high-performance systems for non-destructive testing.
The Flaw Detector Advantages and Distinctive Features
- Rotary scanners connection
- Up to 2 encoders connection
- High frequency measurement
- Data transmission via Wi-Fi channel
- Superior performance due to the flaw detector multi-channeling
- Ethernet port for two-way communication with PC
- Capability to combine a number of EC channels when developing the automated testing systems
- Availability of multi-functional software for flaw detection of various test objects (testing the pipe body, rolled products, wheelsets, rails, bars, wires, etc).
Scheme for constructing the multi-channel system.
The Instrument Specifications and Service Functions
- Operating frequency setup range – from 10 Hz to 16 MHz
- Generator output voltage (double amplitude) – from 0.5 V to 20 V
- "Added gain" function – 30 dB
- Adjusted gain range – 70 dB
- Digital filtering, 3 filter types: Low-pass, Bandpass, High-pass
- Possibility to connect a large number of ECPs when using external switches on 8, 16 or 32 channels due to the multiplexing of one physical channel
- Setting up time for the flaw detector operation – not more than 1 minute
- Software of up to 32 ECPs to one eddy current channel
- External synchronization
- Capability to connect and operate with the following ECPs:
- differential ECP
- differential ECP of transformer type
- single coil ECP
- absolute ECP of transformer type
- differential ECP connected according to the bridge scheme
- differential ECP of transformer type with grounded center point
||Not more than 293' 37' 141 mm
||Not more than 1 kg
|Number of EC probes connected to one EC channel
||Up to 32
||Lemo 12, Lemo00
||2 V DC power
|Time for operating mode setup
||Up to 1 min.
||1 axis Encoder
|MAIN METROLOGICAL SPECIFICATIONS
||From – 10º to +45 °C
||From 84 to 106,7 kPa
||(93 ± 3) % at 25 °C
|Full average life of the flaw detector
||Not less than 10 years
|Output voltage (double amplitude)
||0,5; 1; 2; 4; 6 V, Peak-Peak
||From 10 Hz to 16 MHz
||Internal, from encoder, from rotary ECP
||From 0 to 70 dB with a step 1, 10 dB
||From 0 to 30 dB
||Not more than 0.5 V from Peak to Peak
||3 digital filters: High-frequency, Low-frequency, Bandpass