EPO-TEK® 301 is a two component, room temperature curing, medical grade epoxy featuring extremely low viscosity and exceptional optical-mechanical properties.
Typical Properties: Cure condition: varies as needed *denotes test on lot acceptance basis Data below is not guaranteed. To be used as a guide only, not as a specification. Wide variety of batches, conditions and applications yield differing results.
|* Color (before cure):
||Part A: Clear/Colorless
Part B: Clear/Colorless
|* Viscosity (23 °C) @ 100 rpm:
|* Glass Transition Temp:
||≥ 65 °C (Dynamic Cure: 20-200 °C/ISO 25 Min; Ramp -10-200 °C @ 20 °C/Min)
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE):
39 x 10-6 in/in °C
98 x 10-6 in/in °C
|Shore D Hardness:
|Lap Shear @ 23 °C:
||> 2,000 psi
|Die Shear @ 23 °C:
||≥ 10 Kg 3,400 psi
@ 200 °C
@ 250 °C
@ 300 °C
|Suggested Operating Temperature:
||< 300 °C (Intermittent)
|* Particle Size:
Electrical and Thermal Properties
|Volume Resistivity @ 23 °C:
||≥ 1 x 1013 Ohm-cm
|Dielectric Constant (1 KHz):
|Dissipation Factor (1 KHz):
Optical Properties @ 23 °C
||≥ 99% @ 382-980 nm
≥ 97% @ 980-1,640 nm
≥ 95% @ 1,640-2,040 nm
|Index of Refraction:
||1.519 @ 589 nm
EPO-TEK® 301 Advantages and Suggested Application Notes
- NASA approved, low outgassing epoxy
- Semiconductor: optical glob top or underfill; adhesion to common wafer passivation, compatible with LED die, Si, GaAs; solder mask and flex circuits.
- PCB: general potting and protection over FR4, flex or ceramic PCBs.
- Compatible with CIDEX® OPA sterilization
- Successfully passed 12 week implant study for biocompatibility
- It is NONTOXIC - complies with ISO 10993 biocompatibility testing and certified for USP Class VI biocompatibility standards. Recommended for medical devices such as hand tooling, dental, catheters and endoscopic products; adhesion to stainless steel, titanium and most plastics; resisting sterilizing techniques like gamma, ETO and autoclave (65 °C/1 hour cure); resisting X-ray radiation; potting and protection of scintillator crystals; adhesive for the optical beam pathway in photo-diode arrays; CT Detector packaging.
- LCD/LED adhesive for laminating glass layers; general potting, encapsulation and protection; adhesion to PET plastic; spectral transmission in VIS and IR light; adhesive/encapsulant for VCSEL's packaged devices; resisting yellowing per ASTM D1925; adhesive for precision optics including lens, beam splitter cubes, prism, mirrors, and diodes, found in medical, university, or research communities.
- Fiber Optic:
- Adhesive for plastic and glass fibers; wicking into fiber bundles used in patch cords, sensor devices or endoscopes; adhesive/seal/encapsulant used for fiber packaging and components; transmission of IR up to 2500 nm; fiber coupling and splicing; terminating fibers into ferrules.