Meyer Burger develops integrated tools containing FLEx LT and PiXDRO JETx tools for the thin film encapsulation of sensitive electronics like OLEDs and thin film photovoltaic devices. The FLEx LT PECVD tool is mainly for depositing an inorganic barrier coating and the PiXDRO JETx inkjet printer is for an organic planarization step.
The whole tool is enclosed to ensure very low concentration of oxygen, water and particles. Substrate transfer is completely automated to avoid any contact and damage to the devices. The tool is based on a modular concept and can be adapted to various substrate sizes. It can also be extended with more tool stations and can be connected straightaway to a production line.
- Barrier layer with exceptional optical properties, compatible with very thin substrates
- Fully integrated and automated solution for deposition of inorganic and organic barrier materials, reaching Water Vapor Transmission Rates (WVTR) of 10-6 g/m2/day
- Patterned PECVD coating without mechanical masking
- Organic material planarizes substrate and encapsulates particles
- Inorganic material is deposited with high conformity and no impact on sensitive organic electronics