Celera Motion's Zettlex IncOders are non-contact devices that have been designed for precision angle measurement. Using an inductive method, they function like a transformer. IncOders may be considered as an inductive angle encoder.
IncOders are perfectly suited for extreme environments – where potentiometers, optical or capacitive devices may not be reliable.
- Proven in defense, industrial, medical and aerospace applications
- More than 100 million product configuration choices available
- Non-contact technology for greater reliability in harsh environments
High-Reliability Inductive Angle Encoder Technology
IncOders are available with two main parts, a stator and a rotor, and both are shaped like a flat ring. The large bore allows easy accommodation of through-shafts, pipes, optical-fibers, slip-rings or cables.
The rotor is passive and the stator is powered. The stator is available with the electronics in order to receive power and generate an output signal. The output signal from the stator displays the true absolute angular position of the rotor relative to the stator without needing any motion.
Simple Installation; ‘Fit and Forget’ Technology
IncOder inductive angle encoders do not need compliant or special couplings and the rotor and stator can just be screwed onto the host product. There are no bearings, and precise mechanical mounting is not needed.
Capacitive or optical angle encoders tend to be unreliable in harsh conditions – mainly with condensation or dust. On the other hand, Celera Motion's Zettlex angle encoders are usually unaffected by foreign matter. IP67 rated versions are available. Compared to capacitive devices, there is no need to earth the rotor or stator. Monolithic constructions and robust, hard-anodized aluminum alloy housings are used throughout.
Celera Motion's Zettlex IncOders do not have any fragile, contacting, or wearing parts, hence there is no need for systematic service, maintenance, or replacement. In other words, IncOder angle encoders are true ‘fit and forget’ systems.
- Medical scanners and surgical equipment
- Test and calibration equipment
- Targeting systems and range finders
- Cranes and telescopic manipulators
- Electro-optical and infra-red camera systems
- Heliostats and solar equipment
- Light and heavy caliber weapons systems
- Actuator servos and motor encoders
- Antenna pointing devices and telescopes
- Rotary joints and gimbals
- Robotic arms and CNC machine tools
- Packaging and laboratory automation