The PCRmax Eco 48 utilizes patented block and optical technologies to provide very high speed, sensitivity, and data quality, with enhanced protocol as fast as 15 minutes. All this using standard plastic-ware and consumables, coupled with sensitivity down to 1 copy detection. The world’s most accurate block, the Eco 48 will deliver speed, confidence, performance, value, and sensitivity.
The PCRmax Eco 48 real time PCR system is a high specification, cost-effective, real time thermal cycler that houses a unique 48-well polypropylene PCR plate utilizing the same geometry as regular 384-well plates, but only 1/8 of the size. This enables users to greatly decrease the qPCR reagent volumes compared to traditional 96-well instruments, at the same time as creating a strong fluorescence signal. Decreasing the plate size also greatly enhances thermal uniformity. A minimum volume of 5 µl is validated, minimizing reagent costs in half and making more efficient use of expensive and hard to get template DNA samples.
The Eco 48 workflow is based on three simple steps:
- Load samples into the 48-well plate using the backlit Eco Dock and position the plate into the Eco 48
- Run experiment
- The Eco 48 software offers instrument control, data collection, and data analysis. The most typical qPCR parameters are automatically in place. These can be easily altered on the computer to match specific experimental requirements.
Features and Benefits
- MIQE compliant open license software providing confidence when it comes to publishing data
- HRM functionality as standard: with the ability to discriminate class IV SNP >99% of the time
- Eco 48 allows for simple multiplex analysis with up to four dyes simultaneously
- World most thermally accurate block offers consistent data every time
- High uniformity offers high quality data. Fast cycling enables several experiments per day, all at a cost-effective price
- Fastest block-based real-time PCR system. 40 cycles in 40 minutes standard and 40 cycles in as little as 15 minutes after optimization of temperatures and hold times
- Eco 48 is an open system that can utilize any dye, chemistry, or PCR reagent
- User friendly software, making analysis fast and simple
- Industry-leading data quality
- Eco 48 format offers a small 34.5 cm x 31cm (13.6” × 12.2”) footprint to save bench space
Eco 48 Thermal Technology
qPCR specificity and efficiency depends on precise temperature control during the denaturation and annealing steps. For the maximum accuracy, temperature must stay uniform across the whole heat block, guaranteeing that all samples are processed similarly. The patented hollow silver and gold liquid filled thermal block design of the Eco 48 realizes this with a unique heating and cooling system that offers accurate ±0.1 ºC (measured at 95 ºC) temperature control and rapidly cycles from one temperature to the next not requiring any settle time at all to reach the specified temperatures.
Eco 48 Optical Technology
The Eco 48 Real Time PCR system has an advanced high-performance optical system that offers precise and sensitive fluorescence detection, enabling all four color multiplex applications. The system is provided factory-calibrated for use with SYBR®, FAM™, HEX®, VIC®, ROX®, Cy®5 and can also be used with any qPCR fluorophores overlapping with these calibrated dyes. For excitation, two panels of 48 fixed LEDs provide excitation energy of distinct spectra, enabling wide range excitation. Each of the 48 LEDs illuminates a specific plate well location, removing the optical distortion formed by most stationary optical systems.
HRM analysis protocols are supported by continuous data acquisition during the melt for improved data collection and decreased run times.
The user can alter the plate arrangement and perform data analysis after the run is done.
The Eco 48 optical unit also makes use of a proprietary and patented technology called Adaptive LED Control (ALC) which guarantees that the signal never suffers from light pollution or cross talk from the neighboring well giving users false data, a huge >9 logs dynamic range and also guarantees the CCD detector system never saturates to offer the Eco 48 the precision and sensitivity to detect down to 1 copy at the same time as detecting 10 to the power of 10 copies of a target.
The Eco 48 has fast heating and cooling rates. Average ramp rates of 5.5 °C/second help in reduction of total PCR run times. The usual run time for a 40-cycle PCR protocol is about 40 minutes. In testing, the quickest enhanced program enabled a 40-cycle qPCR experiment to complete in under 20 minutes without compromising thermal uniformity in the process as the block still realizes a thermal uniformity of ±0.1 ºC (measured at 95 ºC) at these speeds.
The Eco 48 thermal control is better than traditional 96-well Peltier systems where thermal efficiency drops as distance from the Peltier increases. With the Eco 48, faster and more precise cycling boosts sample throughput as the need for numerous replicates is decreased by increased evenness across the block.
Eco 48’s well-to-well, plate-to-plate and instrument-to-instrument results are as reliable as running a single experiment. To make the most of this, Eco 48 has a function in the software where various experiments are reliably joined and analyzed as one. High uniformity decreases the need for experimental replicates which saves on precious samples, eliminates the need for more expensive instruments, decreases reagent running costs and guarantees users can do more with the sample in hand.
The Eco 48 system has two distinct software. The Eco Control drives the units set up and experimental runs and the Eco Study is the analysis package.
The Eco 48 software are both open license, users can install them on as many PCs as they like, and MIQE compliant.
- Eco 48 software uses a unique icon-driven user interface to streamline experimental design and setup
- Time and temperature for each protocol step can easily be altered by click-and-drag action
- Pre-set thermal profile defaults are offered for the most frequently used experimental protocols
- Experiment templates can be tailored and saved for future use
- The user-friendly data analysis interface also allows researchers to easily view the melt curve analysis, amplification plot, and the analyzed results, including PCR efficiency, Cq values, R2 and Y-intercept.
- With the Eco 48 system and software, data collection is monitored in real time, allowing researchers to access run feasibility directly
- High-resolution images can be directly exported in numerous image formats, ready to use in any presentation
- Data can be exported into CSV or Excel and custom reports produced directly into PowerPoint or PDF formats
- Complies with Minimum Information for Publication of Quantitative Real-Time PCR Experiments (MIQE) guidelines, making data analysis and submission for publication review highly efficient
Eco Control software
- User-installable, intuitive, simple software that incorporates user control, real-time data collection, and advanced data analysis
- Supplied fully featured including HRM capability
- New software enables an extended chemistry library and has new thermal profiles
Eco Study software
- Data analysis and Multi-Experiment Analysis
- Allows higher throughput, pool separate plates together and analyze as one experiment
- Nearly limitless sample volume
- USB stick available