The Silencer acoustic enclosure is a superior performance acoustic isolation capable of resting on any desktop. It is Herzan’s solution for atomic force microscopes (AFM) and other compact research equipment that need high performance acoustic isolation in a form factor suitable for a desktop.
Herzan started working with users and makers of AFMs in order to develop a solution customized based on the requirements of a modern, space-restricted research lab. The Silencer incorporates the high quality features that have now become standard to all Herzan enclosures, with a cost-effective and compact value for acoustic isolation. The Silencer is considered to be also one of Herzan’s most upgradeable acoustic enclosures, with opportunities for shapes, custom sizes and an extensive range of other research-specific features.
- Full Accessibility: Ease of access (reversible door) and maneuverability (light weight + door handles) enables research to become adaptable and seamless to change
- Maximum Isolation: Multiple variable density layers of sound-damping material guarantee substantial isolation of low and high frequency acoustic noise
- Compact Form Factor: Designed to offer researchers with an effective acoustic isolation solution in even the most space-restricted lab environments
- Limitless Personalization: Upgrades for performance, usability, environmental and accessibility features available
Besides the Silencer’s standard features, additional upgrade features can also be added, allowing the Silencer to be flexible in addressing specific research requirements for any user. Common upgrade features include:
- EMI shielding
- Gas Purge
- Temperature stability
- Custom sizes and colors
- Custom cable port variations
- Acoustic performance boost
- Integrated vibration isolation (passive or active )
- And More!
- External Dimensions:
- Imperial (W x D x H): 20.1 x 24.1 x 36.3 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 510 x 612 x 922 mm
- Internal Dimensions:
- Imperial (W x D x H): 18 x 19.8 x 34.5 inches
- Metric (W x D x H): 457 x 503 x 876 mm
When determining the enclosure ideal for an instrument or application, it is essential to verify that the dimensions of the application/instrument do not exceed the internal dimensions of the enclosure. There are a number of standard enclosures sizes (with custom enclosure sizes available), allowing any application or instrument to receive research-grade acoustic isolation.
- 38.7 dB of sound loss @ 2,500 Hz
- 33 dB of sound loss @ 5,000 Hz
- 31.6 dB of sound loss @ 100 Hz
- 35.2 dB of sound loss @ 500 Hz
- 34 dB of sound loss @ 1,000 Hz
The multi-layered, variable density material lining within the Silencer allows the highest performing acoustic isolation performance across a wide frequency spectrum.