Morgan Advanced Materials offers the widest range of insulating fire brick products all over the world, and also provides access to unmatched expertise in thermal engineering and furnace design.
The company’s lightweight, precision-made insulating fire bricks help customers to decrease their operating costs by saving energy.
All the insulating fire bricks are developed from high-purity refractory clays along with graduated additions of alumina for the higher temperature-rated products. Cautiously graded organic fillers burn out during firing in order to offer a controlled, uniform pore structure with:
- Lower heat storage than denser refractories
- Extremely low levels of iron and other impurities
- Low reheat shrinkage
- Exceptional strength at elevated and ambient temperatures
- Excellent insulating values across the temperature range
The insulating fire brick products are ideal for use in hot face refractory linings or as back-up insulation in different types of high temperature processing of petrochemical, metals and ceramics including:
- Hobby and laboratory kilns
- Rotary lime kilns
- Primary processing furnaces for forging and fabrication of ferrous metals
- Roller hearth, forging and reheating furnaces for non-ferrous and ferrous metals
- Blast furnaces and host blast stoves for carbon bake ovens
- Flues, refining vessels and reactor chambers employed in petrochemical processing
- Ceramic kilns employed by manufacturers of glass ware, sanitary ware and building products
The company has the expertise to provide advice on the optimum insulating fire brick products for an application, and it also offers furnace design services.