The C640 Thickness Tester from Labthink® is a high precision mechanical contact technique thickness tester, which can be used for the thickness measurement of films, paper, corrugated paperboard, sheeting, non-woven fabrics, textiles, and solid insulation materials, etc. Auto sampler is optional, which is built for numerous successive points thickness measurement.
Table 1: Test Parameters Note 1
|Parameter \ Model
|Test Range (Standard)
||0 ~ 2
||0 ~ 2
|Test Range (Optional 1)
||0 ~ 6
||0 ~ 6
|Test Range (Optional 2)
||0 ~ 12
||0 ~ 12
||0 ~ 1000 (Adjustable)
||1.5 ~ 80 (Adjustable)
|DataShield™ Note 2
Table 2: Technical Specifications
||Mechanical Contact Method
|Test Pressure & Contact AreaNote3
||Film: 17.5±1 KPa, 50 mm2
Paper: 100±1 KPa (Standard) / 50±1 kPa (Optional), 200 mm2
Note 1: The parameters in the table are measured by a skilled operator in the Labthink laboratory according to relative requirements for laboratory standard conditions. For comprehensive applications, customization is available to meet the exclusive testing requirements.
Note 2: DataShieldTM offers safe and reliable data application support. Multiple Labthink instruments can share one single DataShieldTM system which can be bought as required.
Note 3: Test pressure and contact area can be chosen for film or paper. There are two options for test pressure for paper, i.e. 100 kPa (standard) and 50 kPa (optional). For other test pressure and contact area or curved pressure foot, customizations are available.
Principles and Standards
The pre-conditioned specimen is positioned on a flat test plane, the pressure foot which is paralleled to the test plane will drop down on the upper surface of the specimen with specific pressure applied on. The displacement sensor with the pressure foot will detect the space between the lower and upper surface of the specimen, which is the thickness of the specimen.
ISO 4593, ISO 534, ISO 3034, ISO 12625-3, GB/T 451.3, TAPPI T411, BS 2782-6, DIN 53370, ISO 9073-2, ISO 5084, ASTM D3652, ASTM D374, ASTM F2251, ASTM D1777, ASTM D6988, GB/T 24218.2, GB/T 6547, GB/T 6672, FEFCO No 3, EN 1942, JIS K6250, JIS K6783, JIS Z1702
Note: The described test standards should be in line with Table 1: Test Parameters.
Thickness measurement of a variety of paper board, paper, and composite paper board, etc.
- Films and sheeting
Thickness measurement of various sheeting, plastic films and diaphragms, etc.
- Metal pieces and silicon wafers
Thickness measurement of foils, silicon wafers and various metal pieces, etc.
- Corrugated paperboard
Thickness measurement of corrugated paperboard
- Non-woven fabrics
Thickness measurement of non-woven fabrics, for example, sanitary napkins, baby diapers and medical masks, etc.
Thickness measurement of textiles including knitted fabrics, coated fabrics and woven fabrics
- Other materials
Thickness measurement of adhesive tapes, solid insulation materials, earthwork synthetic materials and rubbers, etc.
Based on innovative research and development, the Labthink C640 Thickness Tester uses a high precision displacement sensor, aided by scientific structure and professional control technology, which makes C640 significantly enhanced in repeatabilityNote 1, stability and accuracy.
- The instrument complies with standards for mechanical contact technique. The pressure foot can be lifted and lowered automatically, which can lessen the errors caused by human operation
- Contacting time and test speed can be fixed as required. Customization is available for numerous contact areas and pressures, which can meet the needs for a range of test conditions
- Automatic and manual test modes can be chosen by the users
- Calibration of multiple points can enhance the linearity of the entire test range, which guarantees the accuracy of measured results.
- Standard gauge block is available for speedy calibration
The instrument is featured with automatic design of structure and high efficiency, which minimize the human operation in measuring process. Intelligent controlling and data processing functions make it reliable and easy for test operation and data processing.
- Parameter program function enables users to store all test parameters in a file so that those parameters can be applied straightaway for the same tests next time, which can help the users save time and curtail error when inputting parameters manually
- Test results include minimum value, maximum value, average value and standard variation, which can be shown to the user directly
- Result comparison function can help the user in assessment of results
- Auto sampling function (optional), feeding speed, feeding space, measure points can be fixed as required, which guarantees the accuracy of multiple successive points measurement.
The tool is embedded with Labthink’s latest operating software, which is featured with user-friendly interface, strict user management, intelligent data processing and secure data storage. It also supports Labthink exclusive DataShieldTM (Optional) which offers the users with safe and reliable management of test data and test reports.
- Test data can be presented in various forms including curves and data list
- Various forms of test data can be searched, exported and printed out
- Test data will be saved and encrypted in a unique way so that all the test information will be saved safely and reliably and protected from being tampered
Note: The described features should be in line with Table 1: Test Parameters.
Note1: The Repeatability refers to the repeatability within the test range.