The OX2/230 is a professional, intelligent, high efficiency OTR test system
||0.01~6500 cm3/m2·d (standard)
0.07~65,000 cm3/m2·d (optional)
|Number of Specimens
||1~3 with independent test results
||15 °C~55 °C (standard)
||±0.1 °C (standard)
||0% RH, 35% RH~90% RH
||Oxygen and air (outside of supply scope)
||≤3 mm (customization is available for other thickness)
||108 mm x 108 mm
||One package with temperature control device: specimen should be smaller than Ф150 mm and lower than 380 mm
|Three packages with temperature control device: specimens should be smaller than Ф100 mm, and lower than 380 mm
|No size limitation for tests without temperature control device
||99.999% high purity nitrogen or nitrogen with 2% hydrogen
(outside of supply scope)
|Carrier Gas Pressure
||≥ 0.28 MPa
||1/8 inch copper tubing
||690 mm (L) x 350 mm (W) x 360 mm (H)
||220 VAC 50 Hz / 120 VAC 60 Hz
Principle and Standards
The pre-conditioned specimen is mounted between the lower and upper chambers at ambient atmospheric pressure. One chamber comprises of air or oxygen and the other chamber is slowly purged by a stream of nitrogen. Oxygen molecules permeate through the specimen into the nitrogen side due to the concentration difference between the two chambers. These molecules are taken to the coulometric sensor where proportional electrical signals are produced. The oxygen transmission rate is then attained by examining and calculating the signals. High purity nitrogen flows inside the package, and air or oxygen flows outside for package samples.
This test instrument conforms to the following standards:
ISO 15105-2, ASTM F2622, ASTM F1307, ASTM F1927, ASTM D3985, JIS K7126-2, GB/T 19789, YBB00082003
This instrument is applicable to the determination of oxygen transmission rate of:
Including plastic composite films, plastic films, coextruded films, aluminized films, paper-plastic composite films, aluminum foil composite films, aluminum foil and many others
Including a wide range of engineering plastics, rubber and building materials, for example, PP, PVDC and PVC
Including rubber, paper, plastic, paper-plastic composite, glass and metal packages, example Coke bottles, Tetra Pak materials, vacuum bags, peanut oil packages, metal three-piece cans, soft tubes for toothpaste, plastic packages for cosmetic, yogurt and jelly cups
- Package Caps
Test seal performance of varied package caps
- Solar Back-Sheets
Including solar back-sheets
- Plastic Pipes
Including different varieties of pipes, example, PPR
- Blister Packs
Test oxygen transmission rate of the whole blister packs
- Fuel Tanks of Cars
Plastic fuel tanks are extensively used in cars for its buffering vibration, light weight and effortless molding characters. However, its fuel permeability is considered to be the most vital factor; this instrument can be employed for testing permeability of plastic fuel tanks.
- Battery Plastic Shell
Battery electrolyte is protected by the plastic shell from outside environment. Battery service life directly depends on its oxygen permeability. This instrument can be employed for testing oxygen transmission rate of battery plastic shell.
- Red Wine Bottles
Test oxygen transmission rate of red wine bottles
This instrument can be employed for measuring oxygen transmission rate of film and package specimens. It has three test modes and is applicable to varied materials with low, medium and high oxygen permeability. It is also embedded with high precision oxygen sensor, which offers a wide test range of 0.01~65000 cm3/m2·d and durable service life.
- Extensive range and high precision of temperature and humidity control, adding humidity to two sides of the specimen, to support different combinations of non-standard test conditions
- World leading pressure compensation technology guarantees repeatable and accurate test results
- Standard, continuous and proportional testing modes enable minimizing errors caused by human factors during test process
- Equipped with catalyst deaerator in order to purify carrier gas and decrease system errors
- Two types of carrier gases are available: Hydrogen-mixed nitrogen gas or high purity nitrogen gas
- Convenient fast-access calibration port for humidity and temperature
- Reference film for precise calibration
OX2/230 system is based on the equal pressure method and adopts Labthink’s most recent exclusive patent design of three diffusion cells incorporated in a single instrument for multiple or individual tests, which enhances test efficiency by three times. It can be effortlessly connected with nine satellite bases together in order to accomplish up to 30 tests simultaneously.
- Three diffusion cells are incorporated in a single instrument with lower space occupancy rate and greater test efficiency
- Three equivalent or distinct specimens can be tested separately with separate test results at one operation
- The system can be effortlessly connected with a maximum of 10 instruments in order to accomplish up to 30 tests simultaneously
- Water vapor transmission rate and oxygen transmission rate can be obtained at one operation by working with Labthink’s water vapor transmission rate test system together under the control of one computer
The instrument employs Labthink’s most recent operating software with user-friendly operating interface and intelligent data management. It is also capable of supporting LystemTM Lab Data Sharing System, which guarantees uniform management of test reports and test results.
- Based on the user-friendly Windows operating interface for effortless operation
- Saves test data in varied formats for convenient data transfer
- Smart historical data searching, comparison, analysis and printing functions
- Supports LystemTM Lab Data Sharing System for uniform management of test reports and test results
Instrument, Professional Software, Communication Cable, Vacuum Grease, Diamond Sample Template and Valve Sets.
Satellite Base, Accessories for Package Test, Temperature Control Device, Reference Film, Sample Cutter and Vacuum Grease.
- The gas supply port of the instrument is 1/8 inch copper tubing
- Customers will need to prepare for gas supply.