The PICOSUN® R-200 Standard ALD systems are designed to handle R&D on numerous applications such as MEMS devices, IC components, displays, lasers, LEDs and 3D objects such as lenses, coins, jewelry, optics, and medical implants.
The PICOSUN® R-200 Standard ALD system is the market leader in thermal ALD research instruments. It has become the instrument of choice for companies as well as research institutes focused on innovation. The agile design enables the maximum quality ALD film depositions along with the ultimate flexibility of the system to match future requirements and applications. The patented hot-wall design with completely separate inlets and instrumentation enables particle-free processing adaptable on a broad range of materials on 3D objects, wafers, and all nanoscale features.
Superior uniformity even on extremely challenging through-porous, ultra-high-aspect ratio, and nanoparticle samples can be realized thanks to Picosun’s proprietary Picoflow™ technology. The PICOSUN® R-200 Standard systems are fitted with extremely functional and easily exchangeable precursor sources for gaseous, liquid, and solid chemicals. Integration with powder chambers, glove boxes, and several in situ analytics systems enable efficient and versatile research with good results, regardless of what the research area is presently, or what it might become in the future.
Typical substrate size and type
- 156 mm x 156 mm solar Si wafers
- 50-200 mm single wafers
- 3D objects
- Powders and particles
- Porous, through-porous, and high aspect ratio (up to 1:2500)
- Al2O3, Ta2O5, TiO2, SiO2, HfO2, ZrO2, ZnO, TiN, AlN, metals such as Pt or Ir
- Manual loading with a pneumatic lift
- Load lock with magnetic manipulator arm
- Liquid, solid, gas, ozone
- Up to six sources with four separate inlets
- Picoflow™ diffusion enhancer, N2 generator, customized designs, RGA, gas scrubber, glove box compatibility for inert loading
The Principle of ALD