Tinius Olsen’s Model TO-217 Unconfined Compression Tester is used for establishing unconfined compressive strength of intact rock core specimens. The rock sample is cut to length and the ends are machined flat. The specimen is positioned in a loading frame and, if required, heated to the preferred test temperature. Axial load is continuously increased on the specimen until peak load and failure are attained.
The load frame is very versatile and designed to conduct triaxial unconfined test and unconfined compression test on rock specimens with diameters spanning from 38 mm to 100 mm and AX, BX, NX specimens.
The instrument has a cabinet that accommodates the gear system and motor with robust angle iron frame. Loading is done through the bottom loading platen, which is carried on a lead screw that progresses upwards. The top load bracket, which slides over two upright pillars, can be positioned at any chosen height and locked. It carries a screw adaptor for common proving rings or load cells.
The unit’s loading part is detachable from the main unit for easy transportation and to avoid damage to the tension rods.
- Rates of strain: 12 fixed speeds between 1.25 and 0.0064 mm/minute
- Suitable for operation on 230 V, 50 Hz, single phase, AC supply
- Two-pillar type
- Operational ease
- Enclosed motor and gear system
- Jewel lamps indicating direction of motion
- TO-065 Load frame, 200 kN capacity 12-speed
- TO-21701 Loading platen as per ASTM standard
- TO-21704 Electronic conversion kit with 200 kN load cell and 25 mm LVDT with data acquisition
DAQ – Specifications
- Keypad for data logger configuration
- Inbuilt RTC for the real time in standalone mode
- Standalone and real-time data acquisition
- Operating temperature range of -45-70 °C. Live channel data
- LCD display of four lines, 20 characters, with back light
- Peak hold facility
- Inbuilt battery for real-time clock
- Input as analog voltage
- Analog inputs: maximum four channels
- Memory communication: internal storage minimum capacity should be 128 MB or store on a PC that is configurable
- Maximum input voltage: 0-5 V, +/-5 V
- Should be compatible with USB/RS232
- Communication interfaces: Ethernet, RS232, USB, web server, Modbus server (slave)