The DigiView is a high-resolution digital camera with high versatility. For usage with an ideal phosphor screen coating, the CCD sensor has a predominantly high quantum efficiency (QE), peaking in the blue-green spectrum, resulting in enhanced sensitivity for electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) applications.
A single-stage Peltier cooling system that does not require a cooling fan reduces noise dramatically. The DigiView EBSD camera is intended for use in a variety of EBSD applications.
The camera can acquire orientation mapping data at speeds of up to 200 indexed patterns per second using the DigiView and EDAX’s APEX Software, with indexing success rates exceeding 99%. The camera is capable of producing photos with a resolution of up to 1392 × 1040 pixels.
- Dual speed readout: 20 and 40 MHz
- 1.4-megapixel resolution: 1392 (H) × 1040 (V)
- 12-bit digitization
- HR-EBSD compatible
- Data capture rates up to 200 indexed patterns per second
- Gain control range: 35 dB totally modifiable
- High signal-to-noise ratio
- No mechanical shutter
- Input voltage 110/220 VAC 50/60 Hz
- High QE CCD: >62% @ 500 nm
- Low read noise: <8e- @ 20 MHz
- Long-term exposure: Up to 15 minutes
- CE certified
- Gigabit ethernet protocol
Control of the DigiView is provided through the software applications, with complete control over the gain, black level, exposure duration and binning settings. For the best image quality, a comprehensive image processing capability is also incorporated.
For optimum vacuum and system integrity, the camera incorporates a bellows-based insertion and retraction system for operation while under vacuum and for live-imaging. An integrated Forward Scatter Detector (FSD) is also offered as an option.