The Kinexus DSR-E provides a comprehensive dynamic shear rheometer package for use in the Asphalt industry. The rotational rheometer is designed to meet demanding research, product development, comparative benchmarking, quality control and assurance necessitated by the worldwide Industry with true ‘plug and play’ functionality for all measuring systems and environmental control units.
The Kinexus DSR-E enables pioneering Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) based testing while giving access to a full range of standard rheological tests with total flexibility of test design and set-up.
The system applies controlled shear deformation to a sample to allow measurement of flow properties (such as shear viscosity from flow tests) and dynamic material properties (such viscoelastic modulus and phase angle from oscillation tests).
The rheometer consists of several key components to enable robust, reliable and accessible rheological measurements for a particular sample or application:
Rheometer base unit. Control of vital system functions, including torque (for stress control), rotational position change (for strain or rate control), normal force and vertical position change (for sample loading and gap set).
Measuring system or geometry. The measuring system is the connection between the rheometer and the sample, and describes the applied shear field. The measuring system must be suitable to the sample type and the test under consideration.
Temperature or environmental control unit. Accurate control is essential since rheological properties are a strong function of temperature and environmental conditions especially for asphalt.
Instrument software. Rheological testing can be complex to set up, but Malvern Panalytical’s SOP approach to material testing has been improved in rSpace software to transform and streamline user interaction, and to bring ‘expert system’ guidance and SOP-driven testing for standard asphalt testing and general rheological measurements for the first time.
- Grade testing to industry standards such as AASHTO and EN specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation.
- Wide range of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of liquid binders through to solid asphalt cores.
- All modes of rheological operation – stress control, shear rate control and direct strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for accurate control of sample strain history.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up - from sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality to fully customizable test design.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Solids fixtures for measuring fatigue or accumulated strain testing of asphalt cores and Penetrometer adapter for automated penetration testing of asphalt binders.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex materials like asphalt actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities with ultra-responsive and highly sensitive normal force system for class-leading performance.
- Unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates and cylinder cartridges with interchangeable cups - for a cost-effective solution and widest application coverage.
Kinexus DSR-E: Complete Dynamic Shear Rheometer
Kinexus DSR-E: Complete Dynamic Shear Rheometer - Picture 1
Kinexus DSR-E: Complete Dynamic Shear Rheometer - Picture 2
Kinexus DSR-E: Complete Dynamic Shear Rheometer - Picture 3