The Thermo Scientific™ Scios™ 2 DualBeam™ is the most versatile, high performance DualBeam instrument on the market. It is an ultra-high resolution FIB-SEM system capable of providing unmatched 3D characterization and sample preparation performance. The Scios™ 2 DualBeam™ can work with a highly diverse range of samples, including often challenging non-conductive and magnetic materials.
The Scios™ 2 DualBeam™ offers a series of pioneering features that have been specifically developed to increase precision, throughput and ease-of-use. Designed with advanced research and analysis capabilities at its core, the Scios™ 2 DualBeam™ is perfectly suited to meet the varied needs of scientists, researchers and engineers across the government, academic and industrial sectors.
- The Sidewinder HT ion column provides quick and simple preparation of site-specific, high quality TEM and Atom probe samples.
- The NICol electron column provides ultra-high resolution imaging on the widest sample range, including non-conductive and magnetic materials.
- A variety of integrated in-column and below-the-lens detectors guarantee refined, sharp and charge-free contrast for the most complete sample information.
- The instrument allows access to quality 3D and multi-modal subsurface information. The optional Auto Slice & View™ 4 (AS&V4) software guarantees precise targeting of the region of interest.
- The highly flexible 110 mm stage and in-chamber Nav-Cam allow precise sample navigation that can be tailored to the individual needs of each application.
- Dedicated modes including SmartScan™, DCFI and Drift Suppression ensure artifact-free imaging and patterning.
- The DualBeam™ configuration is flexible and adaptable, meaning that optimizing a solution to meet specific application requirements is not only achievable, but easy to do.
Fast and Easy Preparation of High-Quality TEM Samples
Samples are becoming increasingly complex, with their features becoming smaller and smaller, posing constant, new challenges to engineers and scientists. The Scios™ 2 DualBeam™ is able to rise to the challenge thanks to its innovative technology, ease-of-use and the (optional) comprehensive AutoTEM™ 4. These features, coupled with Thermo Scientific’s expertise and experience, allow for quick and easy preparation of HR-S/TEM samples for a wide range of materials across any number of specific sites.
Final polishing with low-energy ions is essential in order to minimize surface damage of the sample and achieve the highest quality results. Not only does the Sidewinder HT Focused Ion Beam (FIB) column deliver consistent milling and high resolution imaging at higher voltages, but it is also able to deliver good performance at a lower voltage; enabling the creation of high quality TEM lamella.
3D reconstruction of W-Mo-Cu sample using a combination of BSE (green-blue) and EDS (orange) data, which has been produced with a Scios DualBeam, AS&V4 and Avizo software.
Alumina nanospheres imaged with Scios 2 DualBeam at 1 kV. Image courtesy of Mark Darus, Thermo Fisher Scientific.