The Thermo Scientific™ Q250 scanning electronic microscope (SEM) allows users to investigate a variety of materials while characterizing their composition and structure. Using elemental data from the UltraDry™ EDS detector alongside compositional and surface images, the Q250 is able to provide a high-throughput data analysis solution for laboratories with ever-changing research and analysis needs.
Better Data, More Flexibility and Higher Efficiency
Contemporary research extends far beyond coated samples and simple metals. The Thermo Scientific™ Q250 analytical SEM is able to meet today’s needs; offering unmatched quality in terms of images and analysis, as well as being able to work with a variety of samples from fractures, metals and polished sections through to non-conductive soft materials.
Featuring three imaging modes - ESEM™ (Environmental Scanning Electron Microscopy), high vacuum and low vacuum – the Q250 is the most advanced and adaptable solution for both current and future research applications.
It is able to accommodate an unparalleled range of samples including:
- corrosion/oxidation samples
- plastics, ceramics, composites
- coatings and films
- soft materials including polymers, gels and pharmaceuticals
- porous materials, particles, fibers
A Complete EDS Solution Provided by the UltraDry™ Detector with Pathfinder Software
The UltraDry™ EDS detector ensures high-throughput analysis coupled with accurate detection and quantification of light elements. This information is provided by the Pathfinder X-ray microanalysis software platform using a variety of techniques including point ID, spectrum mode, 2D spectral imaging and line scanning. The Pathfinder software also offers:
- Extreme element mapping including peak deconvolution, background subtraction and quantitative analysis in each pixel, both in live settings and in postprocessing
- Automatic compensation for drift
- An unlimited software site license for offline processing and analysis