The Thermo Scientific™ Verios G4 scanning electron microscope (SEM) has been developed with accuracy and reproducibility in mind; with the core goal of increasing publishable results within a laboratory setting. The Verios SEM extends sub-nanometer resolution over the whole 1 KeV to 30 KeV energy range, and is able to work with novel materials like nanotubes, porosities, catalyst particles, biological objects, interfaces and other nanoscale structures.
The Verios G4 is able to obtain high resolution, high contrast images without having to utilize TEM or other imaging techniques. It meets the flexibility needs of even the most demanding research applications and is able to accommodate large specimens (such as metallurgical samples or full wafers) with ease.
Analysis is quick and efficient due to the Verios G4’s high current mode. Furthermore, precise prototyping applications like lithography or electron beam-induced direct deposition of materials is possible.
Discover the World of eXtreme High-Resolution SEM
Offering accurate imaging with sub-nanometer resolution from 1 to 30 kV, the Verios SEM provides the contrast required for precise measurements on materials in a wide range of settings and applications. It is able to do this without compromising the high throughput, sample flexibility, ease-of-use and analytical capabilities of a more traditional SEM.
The Verios SEM is highly flexible in terms of its range of selectable parameters. It is able to work on large samples with ease, as well as supporting additional applications such as lithography and analysis. Not only that, but the Verios SEM boasts unique, ground-breaking technologies including electrostatic scanning for higher deflection linearity and constant power lenses for higher thermal stability.
With ease of use at the center of its design, the Verios SEM can provide access to accurate and complete nanoscale data quickly and easily; discovering information that had previously been inaccessible via other techniques.
Advantages of the Thermo Scientific™ Verios XHR SEM
- True, nanometer scale information can be accessed easily with operating conditions designed to match the user’s sample requirements. This can be as low as 500 eV and below for non-conductive specimens, with exceedingly low dose operation for beam-sensitive samples via the Elstar™ monochromator and the Verios’ optimized detection and optics.
- The Verios SEM can quickly gather complete nanoscale information. Topographic and materials contrast is possible due to Elstar’s unique quadruple SE/BSE detection and filtering, while structural contrast is made possible by the instrument’s distinctive multi-segmented STEM technology.
- The Verios SEM offers accurate metrology that is far beyond that of a normal SEM; thanks to Elstar’s precise electrostatic beam deflection and its advance calibration methods.
- Verios is able to accommodate large specimens with ease. It offers controllable cleaning sample surfaces and can rapidly inspect samples at very low magnification by navigating to the region of interest.
- Innovative and precise nanofabrication can be performed with electron beam lithography and electron beam-induced direct deposition of materials. Created 3D structures can be inspected in either top down or tilted positions.
- The Verios platform has been optimized for both the SEM expert and the occasional user. Advanced users are able to exactly tune the instrument to a specific experiment, while occasional users are able to begin work quickly and easily thanks to its simple and robust user interface.