The AOD 1 decomposition system is utilized for oxidative decomposition of liquid and solid organic and partially inorganic samples under pressure in a closed system.
The AOD 1 decomposition system consists of:
AOD 1.1 Decomposition vessel, AOD 1.2 External ignition unit, C 48 Oxygen station, and AOD 1.11 Control standard (50 ml).
- Absorption of the combustion products in an aqueous medium
- Quantitative decomposition of sulfur, all halogens, as well as volatile metals, for example, Hg and As
- Pressure vessel of high-grade stainless steel
- Catalytic support of the oxidation process with auto-regenerating catalytic inside the walls of the decomposition vessel
- Maximum operating pressure during decomposition is 195 bar
- Decomposition temperature up to 1200 °C
- Decomposition time is less than 3 minutes
- Control standards for Cl, S ( AOD 1.11) , F and Br ( AOD 1.12 accessory )
- The decomposition vessel can be changed over to use the C 14 combustible crucibles
- Introduction of the combustion gases into the absorption solution through the C 7030 venting station
The principal function is based on the combustion method in the bomb calorimeter and validated according to DIN 51577, part 1 dt. 1982.
Other Relevant Validations
- DIN 51527, testing of solid samples, determination for the chlorine content
- DIN / EN 14582, determination characteristics of waste, sulfur, and halogen content