The MARS is a unique and intuitive proprietary data analysis software package from BMG LABTECH. Used for several types of calculations, it is included with every BMG LABTECH reader and is a multi-user software. No additional licenses are required to install it on as many computers as required.
- One-click assay calculation templates
- Automatic DNA/RNA concentration determination
- Delta F% calculation for HTRF®
- Excel and ASCII export
- FDA 21 CFR part 11 compliant
- First order rate kinetics
- Kd, Km, Vmax calculations
- Moving (boxcar) averages
- Automatic background/baseline correction
- Standard curve calculation wizard
- Signal-to-Noise and Signal-to-Blank calculations
- User-defined formula generator
- Michaelis-Menten, Lineweaver-Burk, Scatchard, etc.
- Z' value calculation
- UV/vis spectral view
- Standard curve fits for linear, 4- and 5-parameter, hyperbola, 2nd and 3rd polynomial, cubic-spline, segmental, user-defined, etc.
MARS can show data in two ways and allows users to view, export, and print the data as desired. The microplate view shows all the microplate wells either numerically or pictorially, if applicable (e.g., kinetics curves or color display of data). In the Table view, each column is separated into categories and the data is sorted according to the chosen column.
3D Well Mapping
BMG LABTECH readers feature a well scanning technology that scans and creates a matrix of the well with a resolution of up to 900 points/well. This is particularly helpful as cells may not be distributed evenly in the well. The data can be displayed using the 3D well mapping feature in MARS and can be used to view kinetic absorbance data three-dimensionally.
MARS can instantly analyze data obtained from an enzyme-catalyzed fluorescence, luminescence, or absorbance reaction to determine kinetic constants such as Km and Vmax. This can transform microplate-based enzyme kinetics when used along with BMG LABTECH’s high speed UV/Vis spectrometer.
Calculation templates for complex assay-specific analysis and calculations can be created and saved in MARS to make data reduction after measurement easy. When linked with specific detection protocols, these templates allow measurement and data analysis with just two clicks of the mouse.
General System Requirements
- Pentium CPU (Intel Pentium 4 or higher with at least 2 GHz clock rate recommended)
- 1 GB or more RAM
- 2 GB free hard disk memory for software installation
- Microsoft Windows Vista/7/8/10
- One free USB port and/or one free serial communication port (depending on reader)