Shimadzu’s IRSpirit is a compact, lightweight, and portable Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometer that comes with a standard-sized sample compartment. It offers unparalleled functionality in its class of instruments and delivers excellent reliability in identification tests, contaminant analysis, and quantitative measurements.
Space-Efficient Design with High Expandability
- The IRSpirit enables access from two sides, which means samples can be measured with the unit positioned either vertically or horizontally. The humidity indicator can be seen from both directions, and the start switch can be easily accessed.
- The IRSpirit features the widest sample compartment in its class and provides exceptional application flexibility. It can easily accommodate Shimadzu as well as any 3rd party accessories, for example, diffuse reflectance, ATR, and transmission accessories.
Guided Workflow-Based Software Program (IR Pilot)
The package of 23 applications allows analysts to quantify samples or print results with just a few mouse clicks. Moreover, the IR Pilot program allows operators with minimal analytical knowledge to achieve results quickly by simply choosing the sample and accessory form.
Besides the IR Pilot program, the IRSpirit FTIR spectrophotometer includes the following:
- Contaminant Analysis Program – This program identifies measured contaminants using Shimadzu's proprietary identification algorithm along with a library of over 550 spectra, and following data analysis, automatically makes a pass/fail judgment and generates a report
- Identification Test Program – This program makes pass/fail judgments for test samples based on verification techniques illustrated in Pharmacopoeia and standards specified in each country
Stable, Reliable Performance
The instrument features a sealed interferometer that guards the beam splitter from both moisture and air. It also features a high-brightness ceramic light source and dynamic alignment at 5000 times/second. Other functions and features include:
- Automatic self-diagnostics function
- Automatic verification of instrument status during warm-up
- DLATGS detector with a temperature-control function
- Status monitor function with electrical and paper-based indicators
An “Easy Macro” program enables users to easily generate macros for routine tasks, which enhances productivity and enables even inexperienced FTIR users to the system with ease.
The IRSpirit can be fitted with a range of options to enable analysis and address a variety of applications. These include:
- QATR-S single-reflection ATR measurement attachment
- MHP-1 hand-driven press used to create 4 mm dia KBr pellets
- Thermal-damaged plastics library – includes data of degraded plastics that have been oxidized by heating
- Contaminant library – for checking contaminants in food and tap water
- EDXIR-Analysis software – specifically designed to carry out qualitative analysis using data acquired by a Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometer and an energy dispersive X-ray (EDX) fluorescence spectrometer
- Time course software