The ORACLE from CEM is the first ever rapid fat analyzer that requires absolutely no method development for fat-only analysis. At the press of a button, the ORACLE can analyze fat in any food sample with reference chemistry accuracy, without having any prior knowledge of the sample composition or matrix. Just press the run arrow and the ORACLE delivers a remarkably accurate and precise fat result in 30 seconds. Alternatively, the ORACLE can be coupled with the SMART 6 for integrated rapid fat and moisture/solids analysis in less than five minutes.
- 2017 IFT Food Expo Innovation Award
- Top 3 New Products at Pittcon 2017
The recently developed NMR technology can completely isolate protons in fat from all other proton sources in food matrixes, such as proteins and carbohydrates.
- Rapid -30 second analysis
- Analyze any sample from 0.05 – 100.00 % fat
- Direct isolation and measurement of hydrogen protons on fat molecules
- Precise - Improved repeatability than wet chemical extraction techniques
Absolutely NO method development
The ORACLE is the first ever rapid fat analyzer that totally does not require method development. The ORACLE provides reference chemistry accuracy for all food samples without having any previous knowledge of the sample matrix and composition. Just press the run arrow and in 30 seconds the ORACLE provides a fat result. It’s truly that simple.
The ORACLE can also be coupled with an automated robot for unsupervised analysis of 100 samples per run.
Moisture/Solids and Fat
Rapid analysis in < 5 minutes
Combine the SMART 6 Moisture and Solids Analyzer with the ORACLE for fast moisture/solids and fat in a single system. The SMART 6 utilizes dual-frequency energy to quickly test moisture/solids in any product, wet or dry, in about three minutes. The instrument is preprogrammed with a library of improved drying techniques for pairing with the ORACLE.
- AOAC 2008.06 - Moisture and fat in meats
- AOAC PVM 1:2004 - Moisture/solids and fat in dairy products
ORACLE is Unique
Major breakthrough in NMR technology
- Newly developed method realized in 2016
- Technology totally isolates the detection of the proton signal in fat molecules from all other compositional proton sources (i.e. carbohydrate, protein, ash) making a universal fat analyzer possible
- Alternative rapid methods are unable to completely isolate fat from other components, which is why wide-ranging calibration development is frequently required
Get an accurate analysis of any food sample in only 30 seconds
The ORACLE was verified with more than 30 Certified Reference Materials (CRM’s) sourced from USA and Europe. These trusted samples endure extensive reference testing in many certified laboratories and provide a standard for any food testing methodology. The blue data in the graph reveals the linearity between the ORACLE rapid fat results and CRM reference results. Since CRM’s are restricted in their available matrices, CEM also outsourced several samples to third party testing laboratories for wet chemical reference chemistry analysis. The red data in the chart reveals the comparison between the ORACLE and the outside lab reference results.
- Ice cream
- Chocolate milk
- Formula (Infant)
- Cream (Heavy)
- Ground beef
- Hot dog
- Nutritional drinks
- Gravy granules
- Coffee Creamer
- Mixed foods
- Dog food
ORACLE Universal Fat Analyzer
Analyze Fat with the ORACLE, The First Ever Rapid Fat Analysis
Fat Analysis - Absolutely NO method development
MoistureSolids and Fat - Rapid analysis in < 5 minutes
Accurate Analysis - Get an accurate analysis of any food sample in only 30 seconds
ORACLE is Unique - Major breakthrough in NMR technology