The Superwool® Plus and Superwool® HT blanket offer the same benefits as the other members of the Superwool fiber family, while exhibiting better handling strength and enhanced thermal properties. Using a new manufacturing technology, the Superwool® Plus and Superwool® HT blankets are manufactured from pure raw materials. As well as enhanced thermal properties, dust particles, which can act as a large nuisance, have effectively been eliminated, making the Superwool ® Plus and SuperWool® HT blankets less irritating to use and soft to the touch.
The Superwool® Plus blanket is made of Superwool® Plus long fibers, while the Superwool® HT blanket is made of Superwool® HT long fibers.
Both the Superwool® Plus and Superwool® HT blankets display excellent insulating properties at high temperatures. They each have outstanding thermal stability and retain their initial soft fibrous structure up to the maximum temperature of continuous use. The Superwool® Plus and Superwool® HT blankets are needled from both sides and have high strength before and after heating. The Superwool® Plus and Superwool® HT blankets contain neither lubricant nor binder, and no fumes or odor are emitted during the first firing. They are simple to install, and are flexible and easy to cut and shape.
Blanket made from high temperature insulation wool. CAS number: 329211-92-9.
- Superwool® Plus blanket: 1200 °C (2192 °F).
- Superwool® HT blanket: 1300 °C (2372 °F).
The maximum continuous use temperature is dependent on the application. Both the Superwool® Plus and Superwool® HT blankets are unaffected by most chemicals except molybdenum, phosphoric acid and strong alkalis.
- Power generation, particularly HRSG duct insulation
- Lining for process heaters
- Lining for annealing furnaces
- Chimney insulation
- Pipe wrap
- Insulation for domestic ovens
- Back up insulation for furnaces and kilns
- Insulation for storage heaters
- Aluminum transfer launder covers
- Welding stress relief
- Automotive exhaust heat shields
- Immune to thermal shock
- Provides exceptional insulating performance in comparison to industry standards
- Low heat storage
- Binder and lubricant free
- Resilient and flexible
- Resistant to tearing
- Good absorption of sound
- No requirement for warning labels under Globally Harmonised System (GHS) for the classification and labeling of chemicals
- Superwool® fiber meets the requirements specified by NOTE Q of European Regulation 1272/2008, exonerating all Superwool® fiber products from labeling requirements in Europe.