Engineers and scientists constantly experience new problems that need highly localized characterization of increasingly complex samples with ever smaller features. The recent technological innovations of the Thermo Scientific™ Helios™ G4 UC, combined with Thermo Fisher’s application know-how and the most comprehensive and easiest to use software, enable HR-S/TEM samples to be prepared quickly and easily for a broad range of materials.
Thermo Scientific Helios G4 UC, in tandem with optional Thermo Scientific Auto Slice and View™ 4 (AS and V4) software, enables the highest-quality, fully automated acquisition of multi-modal 3D datasets. These 3D datasets include, among others, electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) for crystallographic and microstructural information, BSE imaging for maximum materials contrast, and energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) for compositional information. Along with Avizo visualization software, this provides a unique workflow solution for the advanced, highest-resolution 3D characterization and analysis at the nanometer scale.
Experience the benefits of the Helios G4 UC
- Shortest time to nanoscale information employing best-in-class Thermo Scientific Elstar™ electron column
- Easiest and fastest preparation of site-specific, high-quality APT and TEM samples with the Tomahawk ion column
- The most comprehensive sample information with sharp, refined, and charge-free contrast acquired from up to six integrated below-the-lens and in-column detectors
- Expose the finest details using next-generation UC+ monochromator technology with higher current, allowing sub-nanometer performance at low energies
- Accurate, fast, and precise milling and deposition of intricate structures with less than 10 nm critical dimensions
- Optional Auto Slice & View™ 4 (AS&V4) software enables the highest quality, multi-modal subsurface and 3D information with the most precise targeting of the region of interest
- Artifact-free imaging according to dedicated imaging modes such as Thermo Scientific SmartScan™ and DCFI modes and integrated sample cleanliness management
- Precise sample navigation customized to individual application requirements due to the accuracy and high stability of in-chamber Nav-Cam and 150 mm Piezo stage
Alumina nanospheres imaged at 700 V using Helios G4 DualBeam. Image courtesy of Mark Darus, Thermo Fisher Scientific.