The MEXA 1170 SX instrument measures sulfur concentrations following treatment and transient lubricant oil consumption through the use of Ultraviolet Fluorescence (UVF) for detection. With an ability to successfully operate in a total sulfur mode, the MEXA 1170 SX can analyze sulfur oxides, hydrogen sulfide and all organic sulfur compounds.
Additionally, an inorganic sulfur mode allows for hydrogen sulfide and all sulfur oxides to also be measured, whereas, the final operational mode of the MEXA 1170SX strictly analyzes sulfur oxides alone. The user is able to select any one of these modes from a front panel interface.
- SO2 and TRS measurement:- To enhance after-treatment system research and development to evaluate sulfur poisoning in de-NOx system, such as LNT (Lean NOx Trap) and Four Way Catalyst (NOx and PM reduction system simultaneously).
- Lubricant oil consumption using the sulfur trace method measures total sulfur concentrations
*1: Total reduced sulfur
- Measurable compounds include:- SO2, TRS*1 and total sulfur concentrations. Additionally, both SO2 and TRS can be measured simultaneously.
- High sensitivity
- Wide range
- Rapid response rate
- Compact and low power consumption products
- Equipped with a heated sampling pump that allows for engine exhaust gases to be measured without requiring an additional sampling system.
- As an optional function, the MEXA-1170SX can be operated from the main control unit (MCU) of a HORIBA MEXA-7000 series, as well as from the control panel on the MEXA-1170SX.