The Ultima™ Extreme is a fully integrated supercontinuum white light laser-powered lifetime fluorometer.
In the Ultima™ Extreme, HORIBA has seamlessly integrated its fluorometer with the high intensity and wide wavelength range of a supercontinuum laser.
A supercontinuum laser (also known as a white light laser) can be defined as a bright source that, unlike other lasers, lights over a wide spectral range, from just above 400 nm to beyond 2 µm. Due to this range and pulse width features, in the range of 10s of picoseconds or longer, it makes an exceptional source option for TCSPC measurements.
Why Go Extreme?
Lifetime: Allows users to choose any excitation wavelength.
It’s like having infinite Deltadiodes.
- Pick any excitation wavelength from 400 nm to over 2 µm for lifetime measurements with the 300-1200 nm excitation monochromator or filters. Wavelengths below 430 nm can still be addressed using HORIBA’s existing DeltaDiodes, or an optional doubler.
- Choose pulsing frequency from 100 kHz-20 MHz (using required pulse picker)
- Complete mechanical, optical, and software integration
- Complete delay and signaling integration for synchronization
- Adapter for use with excitation monochromator
- Control of wavelength, and pulse frequency directly from DataStation Software, as well as monitoring the laser power
- Large sample compartment (matches with cryostats)
- Motorized emission optics with UV-grade fused silica lenses, filter, and mount for polarizer*
- Motorized excitation optics with UV-grade fused silica lenses, filter, and mount for polarizer*: a wide selection of interchangeable laser diode and LED-based excitation sources are available as accessories
- Cell holder with facility for recirculating liquid temperature control
- Emission monochromator: TDM-800 Seya-Namioka type, comprising motorized wavelength drive (200 nm to 800 nm), synchronized adjustable slits (1 nm to 32 nm), and integral safety shutters interlocked to a lid of the sample compartment
- Emission monochromator: TDM-1200 Seya-Namioka type, comprising motorized wavelength drive (300 nm to 1200 nm), synchronized adjustable slits (1 nm to 32 nm), and integral safety shutters interlocked to a lid of the sample compartment
- FluoroHub A+ timing electronics measures picoseconds to seconds (based on excitation source)
- R3809-50 MCP-PMT detector in a cooled housing (interlocked with a lid of the sample compartment) with close-coupled CFD-2G-A picosecond timing amplifier/discriminator and Fluoro3PS ultra-stable HV detector power supply
- System supplied on a 37 x 70 cm baseplate
- All cables and interconnections
*Filters and polarizers are optional