The Photopette® device is a handheld spectrophotometer used to measure fixed wavelengths in liquid samples. With an innovative optical system, disposable measurement tip (CuveTip™), and seamless integration with cloud, web and mobile systems, this device is unique in that it allows users to perform instant photometric analysis in any environment.
It offers wireless connectivity with smart phones or tablets in addition to software such as Geo-Tagging, Time Stamp, Notes and Photo. These contemporary features enable efficient application selection, collection, analysis, and sharing of data in real-time, overall improving workflow and productivity.
Simplicity and safety are two major features of Photopette, requiring only small sample volumes to obtain very accurate measurements. The disposable CuveTip™, which acts as both a sample holder and a light-reflecting system, ensures minimal sample loss in addition to removing the risk of contamination between samples.
Tip Biosystems offer three Photopette® models; Cell System, Custom and OEM. These devices are ideal for a variety of photometric applications, such as cell culture, enzymatic assays and protein quantification, in any environment, from the lab to the plant or on the field.
Photopette® – Cell System
Designed for cell biology applications, The Photopette® Cell System enables photometric measurements for 600 nm, 570 nm and 340 nm wavelengths without the need for sample transfer into a cuvette.
Photopette® – Custom
The Photopette® Custom permits photometric measurements for custom specified visible wavelengths. Users can customize their own Photopette® to include up to 3 wavelengths of choice between 250 nm and 1050 nm.
Photopette® – OEM
The Photopette® OEM is tailored around specific user needs and requirements, thus encompassing the flexibility of this system. With this device, any photometric application can be achieved.
- Hand-held and portable smart device
- Disposable CuveTip
- Innovative optical system
- Photometric range: 0.000 AU - 3.000 AU
- Rapid measurement speed (> 2 seconds per wavelength)
- Wavelength accuracy: +/- 2 nm
- Measurement precision of better than +/- 0.020 AU
- 25,000 measurements per single charge
- Light-weight (160 g)
- No cross contamination or sample transfer steps
- No large sample volumes required (150 mL)
- Highly affordable price
- Simple to use - no training required
- Advanced software applications
- Ideal for use in life-sciences, environmental surveillance, food & beverages and chemical industries.
Handheld Device for Photometric Analysis - Photopette from Tip Biosystems
Photopette® – Cell System