Princeton Instruments, the world’s leading developer and supplier of ultra-low-noise, deep-cooled scientific CCD cameras, is proud to offer the popular PI-MTE series for in-vacuum x-ray imaging and spectroscopy applications.
Large-Format X-Ray Camera for In-Vacuum Applications - PI-MTE3
- Up to 4k x 4k resolution back-illuminated CCDs without antireflective coating
- Sensitivity in the x-ray energy with a range starting from ~10 eV to 30 KeV
- 100% in-vacuum testing with cables and cooling tubes
- High frame rates with 16 MHz multiple-port efficient readout
- Extensive lowest dark current for extended integration time
- Complex thermal design used for 24/7 in-vacuum operation
- Complete experiment control by the use of optional LightField software
Advanced In-Vacuum Performance
PI-MTE3 in-vacuum CCD cameras are designed to directly detect VUV, EUV, and x-ray imaging applications ranging from ~10 eV to 30 keV.
The back-illuminated CCDs (large 2k x 2k or 4k x 4k formats) used by the PI-MTE3 platform offer >95% peak quantum efficiency. This gives very effective liquid cooling results in low dark current, making long integration times possible.
Their four-port readout architecture makes these low-noise, 16-bit cameras capable of providing frame rates up to 7x to 10x higher than previous-generation two-port cameras.