The Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor is the instrument of choice when protecting any worksite from hazardous gases. The BZ1 offers unmatched protection for workers operating in the field, needing less setup, maintenance and operator training.
- Up to 7 gases can be detected using 15 sensor options, including PID
- An average run time of 7 days (168 hours)
- Customizable alarm action messages – for example "EVACUATE" or "VENTILATE"
- The largest display of any area monitor on the market
- Alarms sound at 108 dB at 1 m, allowing the alarm to cut through even the noisiest environments
- Compatible with iNet ® and DSX™ Docking Stations
- LENS™ Wireless permits communication between area monitors or Ventis® Pro Series personal monitors
- DualSense® Technology improves worker safety, utilizing two sensors to detect the same gas
Radius® works straight out of the box, allowing users to focus on their work, confident that their area monitors are ready for any emergency.
Whether the goal is to set up a perimeter or monitor gas leaks within confined spaces, Radius® allows for highly flexible deployment options which can create buffers between gas hazards and workers.
The system emits loud, highly audible alarms with various colored strobes for gas and non-gas events, ensuring that not only will workers be alerted to the alarm, but they will be able to see why.
Gases and alarms can be identified from a safe distance, with vital safety messages such as “VENTILATE” or “EVACUATE” visible on a display that is three times bigger than that of its closest competitors.
Wireless networks can be set up right out of the box using the LENS™ Wireless technology and its automated, peer-to-peer mesh network. This network can receive real-time gas readings from other instruments such as the Ventis® Pro Series of personal monitors.
Due to their robust and reliable modular design, the DSX™ Docking Station, and patented DualSense® Technology; gas instruments will spend more time in the field and less time under maintenance.
LENS™ Wireless is the first gas solution enabling personal and area monitors to share alarms and gas readings with each other. If a gas hazard panic situation or man-down triggers an alarm, all the peers in the connected group will be alerted to the hazard and the person in danger. When time is of the essence, nearby workers will be able to help right away, rather than just notifying a call center that is potentially hundreds of miles away.
DualSense® Technology makes use of redundant sensors to ascertain the concentration of the target gas in the atmosphere while reducing the risk of potential instrument failure. Two sensors of the same type working together can offer the most accurate gas reading.
Measuring Hazardous Gases with the Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor
Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor - Picture 1
Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor - Picture 2
Radius® BZ1 Area Monitor - Picture 3