Features and Advantages
The FlexTRAK CDS Plasma System offers multiple benefits due to its advanced features, including:
- High volume with a compact use of resources
- Low cost of ownership
- Strip handling system ready for use in production out of the box
- Extremely even plasma treatment with high throughput
- Easy access to service parts through pull-outs in front
- User-friendly touch screen graphical user interface (GUI)
High-Quality Processing of Plasma, with Low Resource Utilization and High Capacity
With Nordson March plasma technology to begin with, the FlexTRAK CDS system is another impressive plasma system with an inbuilt plasma chamber to ensure an even and repeatable plasma process throughout. While making sure that each area of the substrate receives a uniform coating, it allows the process to be repeated with absolute reproducibility.
As a step up from smaller earlier machines, the FlexTRAK CDS system is also built for processing lead frame strips, substrates in laminated form, or any other electronic parts in strip form, at high speed, at up to 10 strips per plasma cycle.
It can handle a full range of strip sizes, so that production can be optimized to any desired schedule. The small size of the plasma chamber coupled with the company’s unique regulatory system for the plasma process ensures the cycle times are kept short while the process operates without supervision for the most part.
The plasma processing machine is ideal for various tasks involving plasma for pre-die attach, pre-wire bond, pre-mold encapsulation and pre-underfill, including:
Removal of Contamination and Cleaning of Surfaces
- Halogens including fluorine
- Organic compounds
- Metals and their oxides
Etching and Roughening of Surfaces
- Promotes wire bonding and die adhesion
- Better adhesion to the mold, and less delamination
- Better flow of the die adhesive with elimination of voids and good adhesion
- Better flow of mold material with elimination of void formation and less wire sweep
- Better underfill flow with less voiding and improved adhesion as well as wicking speed