Clariant's Container Dri® line of products offers an extensive range of container desiccants that provide versatile protection against damaging moisture and humidity during intermodal transport. These industry-leading products are available in poles, bags, and strips and are capable of absorbing up to three times their weight in moisture, and trapping it as a thick gel that will not drip or spill.
Preventing “Container Rain”
Container Dri II desiccants, also known as dry bags, or moisture absorbing bags, possess a unique feature referring to dew point control. Dew point refers to the temperature at which condensation begins to develop on surfaces, such as container roofs and walls. Container Dri II products aggressively remove moisture from ambient air and thus bring down the dew point in order to prevent goods in transit from getting damaged by “container rain”, “container sweat”, or also known as “cargo sweat”.
This system is greatly effective in preventing the conditions that could lead to warpage, corrosion, caking, mildew, and other damage to agricultural products, powders, wood products, glass, furniture, bulk foods, leather goods, automobile parts, beans such as cocoa bean, and coffee bean, metal components, and machinery. Container Dri II cargo desiccants have the potential to help shippers, distributors, manufacturers, and other stakeholders to maintain their reputation for quality, protect brand equity, and safeguard revenues.
The Container Dri II line of container desiccants are mainly valuable when:
- the container admits exterior air and humidity
- there is a huge volume of air requiring moisture removal
- high levels of humidity are present due to cargo, climate or storage conditions
Container Dri II has earlier enjoyed success in protecting cocoa bean shipments from moisture damage by offering the highest moisture absorption of any calcium chloride–based product, effortlessly addressing the 65% or greater loading of calcium chloride suggested in the Federation of Cocoa Commerce Ltd. (FCC) guidelines for shipment of cocoa beans in containers.
Sustainability - ECOTAIN®
Clariant's EcoTain® label is awarded to products that are recognized as best-in-class for performance and sustainability excellence to customers. Products are screened against 36 norms across three dimensions: environment, social, and economic. Container Dri II succeeded in delivering a positive benefit in all three dimensions, thus making Container Dri II the only cargo desiccant capable of carrying an eco-label claim.
- Clariant EcoTain® distinction
- Safe for direct use with food products
- Extensive range of configurations
- Dimeythyl Fumarate Free (DMF) - Non-toxic
- Finest performance in the market
- Easy and safe to handle
- Dispose with normal industrial waste
- Meets New FCC Guideline Recommendation for Shipment of Cocoa Beans in Containers
- Suggested by the World Food Programme (WFP) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Container Loading Specification
- Wide range of applications: automotive parts, canned goods, wood, machinery, furniture, powders, glass, agricultural products such as cocoa beans, coffee beans, and corn meal