Clariant manufactures a complete line of moisture adsorbent bags comprising of strong, yet porous, nonwoven materials such as Dupont Tyvek®, filled with an extensive range of desiccant types:
- Sorb-It® - silica gel
- Tri-Sorb® - molecular sieve
- Desi Pak® - bentonite clay
These moisture adsorbent bags are used for protecting different types of goods as they travel via the supply chain and they also comply with strict government and industry standards including DIN, Mil-Spec, JEDEC, and FDA.
The bags are usually used for semiconductor dry packing, export packaging, and preservation packaging, with typical applications including food packaging, equipment, electronic devices, automotive parts, military goods, metal components, machinery, and several other valuables.
For protecting bulk pharmaceutical packaging, Clariant's Healthcare Packaging business line offers desiccant bags ideal for pharmaceutical applications.
- Single bags as standard according to DIN/AFNOR/MIL
- Desiccant bags efficiently adsorb moisture in product packaging in order to combat its damaging effects including mold, degradation, and corrosion
- Desiccant bags meet Mil-D-3464E (Mil Spec) Types I, II and III, and also comply with JEDEC for semiconductor packaging