All the Eddy Current (ECT) probes from ETher NDE are manufactured in-house. The company facilitates customization of the probes to match the exact non-destructive testing (NDT) application such that even a basic Pencil Probe becomes specific to the customer.
ETher NDE has the most common Eddy Current (EC) Pencil Probes 'on-stock', therefore they guarantee rapid delivery on these probes, meaning that customers can be back to inspecting in the quickest possible time.
Key Features of ETher NDE’s Absolute Pencil Probes
- Featuring a plastic handle made from Delrin with neoprene rubber rings and finger scallops for comfortable and stress-free handling, leading to a more reliable and accurate inspection
- Double shielded for use near materials edges and vertical metal faces (mass effect) with both an outer stainless and an inner ferrite shielding
- Equally applicable to the high-frequency surface inspection of ferromagnetic and non-ferrous material
- Dis-connectable using a microdot connector for quick changeover
- Locking four-way Lemo connector available with Inbal probes
- Inbal probes feature an internal balance load and thus streamline setup and offer the ultimate in signal-to-noise ratio permitting smaller defects to be detected
- Standard probe frequencies available with a broad range of operating frequency 200 kHz (50-600 kHz), 500 kHz (150 k-1.5 MHz), 2 MHz (650 k-6 MHz) and 6 MHz (2-18 MHz) meaning a single probe can be used for a wider range of applications
- Each frequency (excluding 6 MHz) available in standard and fine tip size
- Probes provided as standard with fixed dimensions but can be supplied in a number of other configurations