The Encircling probes from ETher NDE are used to inspect bar, tube, and wire with their central application being the detection of surface breaking cracks and metal sorting. ETher NDE’s Encircling Probes are provided in two versions - Round and Square.
The key differences between the two are described below:
Round Encircling Probes are used to inspect - round tube, round bar, wire, metal sorting applications, and heat treatment applications.
Round Encircling Probe
Square Encircling Probes are used to inspect - square tube, square bar, box section, metal sorting applications and heat treatment applications.
Square Encircling Probe
Key Features for ETher NDE’s Encircling Probes
- Additional wear guides can be incorporated to standard probes, to increase wear resistance, these can be made in stainless steel or PET
- Equipped with a rapid series 12 way Jaeger connector for fast connection and de-coupling
- Inspects rectangular, round, and square shapes
- Small range using BNC connectors, differential and absolute available
- Wide frequency range
- Absolute – Reflection and Differential
- Reflection Encircling Probes - For use with inline or off-line high-speed inspection of tubes, bars, wires, etc.
- Absolute – Reflection Probes suitable for wall thinning, metal sorting and heat treatment applications
- Differential – Reflection Probes suitable for defect detection applications, such as pitting and cracks
*Please note - Probes are made to the size ordered, please take into consideration the amount of clearance necessary based on the part to be inspected, if you are uncertain please talk to a member of staff. Probes are made to order because of the large range of configurations available.