TT Electronics launched the AEC-Q200 qualified HA19 line of common mode chokes, for all applications in which electronic power steering (EPS) noise suppression is required. The HA19 chokes are ideal for EMI applications involving high-efficiency electric power steering for which AEC-Q200 qualified parts are essential, along with compact build.
- Operate within a range of temperatures from -40 °C to +125 °C
- Rated for current up to 44 A
- Can operate at ambient temperatures up to +85 °C
- Can tolerate a maximum temperature rise of 40 °C
- Reduce the interference conducted through the line
- Ferrite core to ensure low loss
- Proven to keep transmission signal intact effectively
- Perform very well in harsh surroundings
- Comply with RoHS standards
- Qualified to AEC-Q200
The HA19 common mode chokes are designed to suit applications which require noise suppression, which is common in the growing segment of new-generation vehicles, including electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHVs).
The HA19 series are robustly built and work very efficiently to handle current with high quality. They have strong mechanical characteristics with performance properties that include low resistance to DC and low temperature rise.
The HA19 series is made up of 3 parts with standard inductance values from 11 µH to 75 µH, and has been revealed to work very well in decreasing the interference conducted by the line within the circuits. These chokes are extremely reliable, and handle current at high efficiency from 26.5 A to 44 A. They can withstand over-current at still higher rates.
The HA19 common mode choke series do not contain lead, and their lead-free construction complies with EU Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS2). The operating temperature range of -40 to 125 °C coupled with the AEC-Q200 qualification renders them well-suited for any automotive setting that is exposed to high stress.
The HA19 choke range is ideal for the following types of applications:
- Applications that involve high frequency EPS noise suppression
- Transportation applications that involve the following:
- Electric power steering
- Electronic control units
- Engine control
- Transmission control
- Industrial applications like:
- Switch mode power supply
- DC/DC converters
The following schematic displays the common mode choke design.
The following table gives the specifications applicable at about 25 °C.
- The measurements for both inductance and leakage inductance are taken at 10 kHz, 0.1 Vrms.
- The rated current is the approximate DC corresponding to a DT of 40 °C. The temperature of the part must be verified during use in the real-time application. The part temperature is equal to the sum of the ambient temperature and the temperature rise, and must do not go above 125 °C even when the operating conditions meet the worst-case conditions.
- The measurement of leakage inductance is taken at pin-1-2 after shorting the winding on N2, or pin 4-3.
Outline Dimensions in Millimeters