Bring the Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet™ iS™5 FTIR Spectrometer where you need answers most — from your busy lab to the production floor to the warehouse.
Integrating superior performance, compact size, and affordable price, the Thermo Scientific™ Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer provides the perfect fit, value, and performance for an entry-level spectrometer. In addition, it is the ideal spectrometer for material identification and product assurance testing for academic, industrial, and government laboratories worldwide.
The Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer has a lightweight design (22 lb. (10 kg)), incorporates flexible sample handling, and features industry-leading Thermo Scientific™ OMNIC™ software. It uses the same field-proven FTIR technology found on other Thermo Scientific Nicolet FTIR spectrometers.
The Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer Features
The Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer has been designed to offer trouble-free operation in the most difficult environments.
- Field-proven optics enclosed in a robust magnesium-alloy frame
- User-accessible parts reduce service costs
- Thermally-controlled diode laser offers years of worry-free use
- Tolerates a wide range of humidity and temperature conditions
- Magnesium-alloy construction offers excellent mechanical characteristics for thermal properties, stiffness, reduced weight, and vibrational dampening
- Dust, tilt, vibration, and electromagnetic interference (EMI) have been considered in the design
Now, replacing the desiccant or IR source in the spectrometer or even opening up the instrument does not need a service call.
Users can learn how to use the FTIR spectroscopy to their advantage when they visit Thermo Fisher Scientific’s FTIR Spectroscopy Academy.
Cloud-Enabled FTIR Spectroscopy
All Nicolet FTIR spectrometers now enable users to store, share, and understand spectral data anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Thermo Fisher Connect account, powered by the Thermo Fisher Cloud, can be used by lab technicians, researchers, educators, and their students to gain easy access to their data with the OMNIC Anywhere App.
- Export, view and share data – The Nicolet .spa spectral files can be viewed, spectral peaks can be labeled, and spectral baseline can be corrected in the OMNIC Anywhere App on the PC, Android, iOS device, or Apple computer
- Add more storage space – Users can begin with 10 GB of storage for free, and eventually, scale up storage as required for a nominal fee. They can store OMNIC .spa files and also other files (for example, .xls, report documents and so on) to their Thermo Fisher Connect account
- Secure your data – Thermo Fisher Connect employs Amazon Web Service™
FTIR Spectrometer - Nicolet iS5
Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer - Picture 1
Nicolet iS5 FTIR Spectrometer - Picture 2