Rigaku's BioSAXS-2000nano SAXS camera is specifically designed to meet the needs of the structural biologist. Based on a patented 2D Kratky design, the BioSAXS-2000 takes up much less space than a conventional 3-pinhole camera but offers better flux characteristics.
Best of all, the BioSAXS-2000nanocan be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, fully taking advantage of existing infrastructure, or it can be mated to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source.
The BioSAXS AUTO configuration integrates two time-saving features: an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the world standard ATSAS package from EMBL Hamburg and an Automatic Sample Changer for unattended overnight operation.
No Need to Wait for Beamtime at a Synchrotron
The BioSAXS-2000nano is equipped with the new OptiSAXS optic, a doubly focusing multilayer optic whose focus is at the detector. The OptiSAXS gives better than two-fold improvement influx in comparison to its predecessor, resulting in higher brilliance at the sample position and data collection times in the range of minutes. Therefore, the BioSAXS-2000nano brings a beamline experience to home laboratory SAXS experiments.
- Automatic Sample Changer (ASC) with support for up to 96 samples
- Additional stages for SAXS measurement for materials samples
- Automatic Analysis Pipeline (AAP) based on ATSAS, the world’s most popular SAXS analysis software developed at EMBL Hamburg
- Easily installed on the open port of an existing generator or can be installed with your choice of X-ray source: Microfocus sealed tube, MicroMax-007 HF, FR-X
- All system components are motorized for control from a control computer
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software
- Point focusing optics eliminates smearing issues common to traditional Kratky cameras
- Photodiode beamstop for intensity measurements and sample absorption correction
- Sample temperature control included with the system
- 2D Kratky collimation allows one to achieve low q measurements with no realignment