Rigaku's BioSAXS-2000nano SAXS camera is specifically designed to meet the needs of the structural biologist. Based on a patented 2D Kratky design, the BioSAXS-2000 takes up much less space than a conventional 3-pinhole camera but offers better flux characteristics.
Best of all, the BioSAXS-2000nanocan be mounted on the open port of a Rigaku rotating anode X-ray generator, fully taking advantage of existing infrastructure, or it can be mated to a Rigaku microfocus sealed tube X-ray source.
The BioSAXS AUTO configuration integrates two time-saving features: an Automatic Analysis Pipeline based on the world standard ATSAS package from EMBL Hamburg and an Automatic Sample Changer for unattended overnight operation.
No need to wait for beamtime at a synchrotron
The BioSAXS-2000nano is equipped with the new OptiSAXS optic, a doubly focusing multilayer optic whose focus is at the detector. The OptiSAXS gives better than two fold improvement in flux in comparison to its predecessor, resulting in higher brilliance at the sample position and data collection times in the range of minutes. Therefore, the BioSAXS-2000nano brings a beamline experience to home laboratory SAXS experiments.
- Automatic Sample Changer (ASC) with support for up to 96 samples
- Additional stages for SAXS measurement for materials samples
- Automatic Analysis Pipeline (AAP) based on ATSAS, the world’s most popular SAXS analysis software developed at EMBL Hamburg
- Easily installed on the open port of an existing generator or can be installed with your choice of X-ray source: Microfocus sealed tube, MicroMax-007 HF, FR-X
- All system components are motorized for control from control computer
- SAXSLab data collection and processing software
- Point focusing optics eliminates smearing issues common to traditional Kratky cameras
- Photodiode beamstop for intensity measurements and sample absorption correction
- Sample temperature control included with system
- 2D Kratky collimation allows one to achieve low q measurements with no realignment